nordicskier's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 20th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

Incredibly large disparity is service speed throughout the day

As quoted by the customer service rep, "there seems to be no issue on our end."

I am paying for 100 mbps service, and typically only get around 30 over wifi. As of late, I am getting anywhere from 0.1 to 3 mbps during normal business hours, and then it ramps up to 25-30 mbps after about 5 pm. The customer service representative is telling me there are no issues with the service coming into my modem, but I find that hard to believe given the large disparity throughout the day. Anybody else experiencing a similar issue?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

You mentioned using "WiFi". You likely are experiencing RF interference over WiFi locally.

I suggest to connect devices using cat 5 or better Ethernet cable (depending on length) to get the strongest signal reaching your location.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

With COVID-19, everyone is staying home and working from home. Add in kids being home from school, and you gets lots of streaming, too.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Have you ever had a tech or just dealing with customer service. Also post your modem’s signal levels, for additional assistance

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@nordicskier wrote:

I am paying for 100 mbps service, and typically only get around 30 over wifi. As of late, I am getting anywhere from 0.1 to 3 mbps during normal business hours, and then it ramps up to 25-30 mbps after about 5 pm. e?

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here