cplank00's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, January 9th, 2021 2:00 PM

Closed

DATA CAPS??????

I have the 600mb service due to having 4 teens in the house and we stream everything, which I sense is why COMCAST is adding the feature.... To stop streamers and IPTV users.  At most I get 325MB wired service. 

Can anyone tell me, (MAYBE A REP CAN CHIME IN) what I need to do to prevent $50-$100fee??  There has been a couple months that I have used 2100MB. On average I believe my monthly usage is around 1600MB for the last 7 months or so.  

I will be checking with my small town internet  provider again to see if the signal will reach through the trees.  Not a happy customer!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

@cplank00 wrote: ... Can anyone tell me, (MAYBE A REP CAN CHIME IN) what I need to do to prevent $50-$100fee?? ...

Please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-plan, especially the "How do I avoid overage charges?" link, and the links under "Questions and Answers About Our Unlimited Data Option".

Contributor

• 

393 Messages

3 years ago

Going back to your original question, there are a few ways not to pay overage fees: pay for unlimited, use less data,  find another ISP.  If you don’t like the first, look into the second.  Another ISP might be a way to go too, but check carefully – many have caps and some of the caps are MUCH lower than Xfinity's.  Some ISPs market "Unlimited" plans with no overage fees, but what really happens is that if you use over a certain amount in a month, the speed drops so much, that even sending an email is slow.

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

3 years ago

It's absolutely a scam.  Just like we haven't been able to cancel our home phone for years now since the reps just spew the canned line of "it'll increase your monthly rate to remove it from your plan".  How the heck does that make any sense?  Canceling a service like this should ALWAYS reduce cost.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I agree!!!  I only need internet! I told them if they want my business offer me an internet only deal. They did....I got the 600mb service which the fastest wired connection I have gotten was 328mb.  

Its all ridiculous...Just offer what's fair. 

As for another ISP I will look into it and they do not have caps...however I am waiting for their new system to get up an running and hopefully it will be way faster. Comcast has this area locked down so they can do what ever they want. The 3rd option is Verizon DSL which is expensive with slow speeds.  

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @cplank00, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our Forums page. We apologize for the delay. We appreciate you being a customer with us and definitely understand your concerns around the Data usage plan. With everyone being home lately, my family and I are too experiencing going over the data usage plan. This is why we do offer an Unlimited Data Option.

For customers who lease an xFi Gateway, the Unlimited Data Option is available via the xFi Complete package. For customers who own their own modem, there is a $30 monthly fee. The fee is independent of actual data usage. Please follow this link https://comca.st/3pf4GTj, for more information on how to avoid overage charges. 

If you're interested in adding Unlimited Data to your account, my team would be more than happy to assist. Please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message".

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @Cammby, thanks for reaching out about your service concerns also. We definitely understand the need to have a manageable bill and would be delighted to double-check for any available promotions/options, that may be better fitting for your overall needs. To further assist, can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account? To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message".

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

@cplank00
It’s nothing to do with you, it was someone else posting on your thread
Did you follow up with @ComcastAmira, an Official Employee from the company you don’t like that is trying to help you?

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Because i capitalized stuff?? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!  I didn't name call anyone....I am not mad at someone.....just a company that takes advantage of it's customers!!!!!!!  

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here