Eulalia1's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 20th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity is not working

My WiFi connection is not working I have already payed it and I have troubleshooted it many times already my WiFi is not connecting to anything and when It comes back it’s only back for 15 minutes then goes out again it is also very slow.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Eulalia1 wrote: My WiFi connection is not working I have already payed it and I have troubleshooted it many times already my WiFi is not connecting to anything and when It comes back it’s only back for 15 minutes then goes out again it is also very slow.

It's best to switch to an Ethernet cable connection if possible. That would allow you to determine whether the problem is the Wifi signal or the link between your equipment and Comcast's network. Network connection problems that affect both Ethernet and Wifi devices are often due to poor coax connections, usually in or near your home.

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts, especially downstream power levels and SNR, upstream power levels, and error log.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast take care of it, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. If they can't fix the problem remotely (unlikely), insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast rental device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here