Tatyana1's profile

Contributor

• 

148 Messages

Wednesday, March 11th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Detect Tile Devices

I see there is a new otpion in the advanced settings of XFI that says "Detect Tile Devices" Its on by default.  What is this setting for? Should I turn it off? 

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

4 years ago

Mine was off by default but here is what it is about:

How does Tile detection work?
By default, when a Tile is marked as "lost" in the Tile app, compatible Xfinity devices will anonymously and automatically update the location of the lost item if it comes within range. Compatible Xfinity devices have a Bluetooth beacon that will ring a Tile device if it’s in range and display the Tile's last known location, date and time.

Compatible TV Boxes
Xi6
Flex
Xi5
XG1v4
Compatible xFi Gateways
Arris TG3482G
Technicolor CGM4140COM
Technicolor CGM4331COM
We understand the importance of your privacy, which is why this is a feature you have control over. If you’d rather not reveal the location of Tiles in your home through your network connection, simply visit the Advanced Settings section of the xFi mobile app or website to disable Tile detection. Learn more about our privacy policy.

How do I opt out?
Select the Network tab.
Select Advanced Setting.
Select Detect Tile Devices.
Select the toggle button to turn Tile detection off.
What happens if I disable detection?
All of your compatible Xfinity devices (see above) will stop detecting the Tile devices around your home, and they will no longer communicate with the Tile community.

Does disabling impact my home network?
No, your Gateways and TV Boxes will continue to function as they normally would, as will your home network.

Contributor

• 

148 Messages

4 years ago

I don't really understand it, I don't think I have any tile devices

Contributor

• 

148 Messages

4 years ago

I will go ahead and disable it, I don't have any tile devices.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here