Community Forum

Xfinity live streaming not working

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Xfinity live streaming not working

I have been using my computer to watch live tv via my home wi-fi network.  It had been working

fine until a few days ago.  Now the picture starts and stops, then it crashes and I keep getting error

messages.  This happens on every channel.  Other videos on other sites play with no problem, but Xfinity is unwatchable.

I reset the modem, scanned for malware, and uninstalled/reinstalled flashplayer.  I really don't

feel like spending a couple of hours on the phone going through trial and error with a tech.

(done that too many times) but I don't understand why it suddenly stopped working.  Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity live streaming not working

@baz123 wrote:

I have been using my computer to watch live tv via my home wi-fi network.  It had been working

fine until a few days ago.  Now the picture starts and stops, then it crashes and I keep getting error

messages.  This happens on every channel.  Other videos on other sites play with no problem, but Xfinity is unwatchable.

I reset the modem, scanned for malware, and uninstalled/reinstalled flashplayer.  I really don't

feel like spending a couple of hours on the phone going through trial and error with a tech.

(done that too many times) but I don't understand why it suddenly stopped working.  Any thoughts?

did you try a different PC? try to stream on a smart phone/tablet?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @baz123

Thanks for posting to the forums. I apologize for the experience you're having when attempting to stream your Xfinity TV services. Has this been resolved for you yet? Have you tried what was suggested by @Rustyben to see if this is affecting all of your devices? If so and you are still having issues, please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can begin some troubleshooting to get this resolved. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

mine is doing the same. going to watch Vudu tonight. If it's still doing it tomorrow, then I'll call or something

Highlighted
New Poster

Funny!! About 15 seconds after I posted, it started working! Coincidence? I didn't want to watch The Professional with Jean Reno anyway...

Highlighted
New Poster

hah... nevermind. Just crashed again. But it did play for a daily record of about 3 minutes. Back to Vudu and Jean Reno...

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @davez51, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! We definitely want you to enjoy our Xfinity Stream service without constant connection interruptions. Are you also using a desktop/laptop to view? If so, have you attempted to test this on a mobile device to see if you experience the same thing? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello all! We either never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send a Private Message to ComcastChe, or myself if you are still having issues connecting to Xfinity live Streaming. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Also, please follow this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/troubleshooting-stream, for troubleshooting help with our Xfinity Stream app/website. Thanks and we appreciate you choosing Comcast as your provider.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastAmira", then click send a message.