Community Forum

Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

When trying to watch any channel on the XFinity Stream via any browser I am getting the following error.

"This browser has paused playback.

(Error TVAPP-00282)

Resume Playback"

 

Any help to fix this problem will be welcomed.

 

Firefox 68.6.0esr

Chrome 80.0.3987.132

Brave 1.4.96

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

I am getting the same error.  It happens with any browser I try.  Only happening with Windows 10.  Not having the same issue with Windows 7.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tvapp00902


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282


@RobertWy wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tvapp00902


Thanks for trying.

But I do not use a Pin and Parental Controls are disabled.

 

FYI

Windows 10 Pro with latest updates.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282


@jl747 wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tvapp00902


Thanks for trying.

But I do not use a Pin and Parental Controls are disabled.

 

FYI

Windows 10 Pro with latest updates.


On your network?  (Wifi or ethernet?)


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282


@RobertWy wrote:

@jl747 wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tvapp00902


Thanks for trying.

But I do not use a Pin and Parental Controls are disabled.

 

FYI

Windows 10 Pro with latest updates.


On your network?  (Wifi or ethernet?)


No Parental Controls on Network (Router) or anywhere on my system.

 

Still get the error after I reset modem, computer and router (shutdown and reboot).

Wish I knew what that error means.

Seems like it is a new one and that there is no explaination.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

When trying to watch any channel on the XFinity Stream via any browser I am getting the following error.

"This browser has paused playback.

(Error TVAPP-00282)

Resume Playback"

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282


@cmkrajewski1 wrote:

When trying to watch any channel on the XFinity Stream via any browser I am getting the following error.

"This browser has paused playback.

(Error TVAPP-00282)

Resume Playback"


Still getting the error?  "any channel" - is that a live channel?

Ethernet or wifi for the connection?


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282


@RobertWy wrote:

@cmkrajewski1 wrote:

When trying to watch any channel on the XFinity Stream via any browser I am getting the following error.

"This browser has paused playback.

(Error TVAPP-00282)

Resume Playback"


Still getting the error?  "any channel" - is that a live channel?

Ethernet or wifi for the connection?


Forgot to answer you abount connection.

This eror shows up whether I am connected via WIFI or ethernet.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

I've read through the posts on this topic and I am having the same issue with Windows 10 on my desktop (64-bit). I cannot stream any live tv channel for the past week (have been doing so for about 10 mos.). I am able to view movies though. What is interesting is that I can stream live tv on my laptop with Windows 10 (32-bit?). I am trying to see if any settings differ between the two machines. I will  update once I have completed my analysis. Unfortuantely, Xfinity has been next to useless on this problem.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282


@RBudMan wrote:

I've read through the posts on this topic and I am having the same issue with Windows 10 on my desktop (64-bit). I cannot stream any live tv channel for the past week (have been doing so for about 10 mos.). I am able to view movies though. What is interesting is that I can stream live tv on my laptop with Windows 10 (32-bit?). I am trying to see if any settings differ between the two machines. I will  update once I have completed my analysis. Unfortuantely, Xfinity has been next to useless on this problem.


since you know it works on a different PC it is something within the one not working. try a different browser (edge/chrome). worked? Is non-working PC on a VPN? has different DNS servers set? has a software firewall?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

I am having the same problem, for about a week now.  Windows 10-64 + Edge.  No restrictions of any kind (other than the router FW) on my netowrk and I am hard-wired to the router/modem.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

The problem seems to be with Edge. Since all these problems came up at the same time it was probably caused by the last Edge update. The solution I used is to use Chrome. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

Use Chrome. The problem is probably the last update to Edge.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

In EDGE

Settings

Advanced

Media Autoplay

         Set to: ALLOW OR LIMIT

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

Still unable to get any channel.

The same error shows up on all browsers with and without extensions.

Any help from Comcast tech would be welcomed.

 

I have done a search and this error does not show any hits except those here.

 

Windows 10 Pro 1909

Browsers - Firefox - Chrome - Brave - Edge

 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282


@jl747 wrote:

Still unable to get any channel.

The same error shows up on all browsers with and without extensions.

Any help from Comcast tech would be welcomed.

 

I have done a search and this error does not show any hits except those here.

 

Windows 10 Pro 1909

Browsers - Firefox - Chrome - Brave - Edge


load the chrome browser. go the the stream web site. do you get a menu? do you see a live TV program grid? are you connected to and physically located in your own home and connected to your own home wifi (not a VPN)?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

@Rustyben 

You said, "

load the chrome browser. go the the stream web site. do you get a menu? do you see a live TV program grid? are you connected to and physically located in your own home and connected to your own home wifi (not a VPN)?"

 

Yes I get the menu.

Yes I see the grid

I am connected locally from home.

No VPN.

 

Prefered browser is Firefox all above answers also goes for FF

 
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282


@jl747 wrote:

@Rustyben 

You said, "

load the chrome browser. go the the stream web site. do you get a menu? do you see a live TV program grid? are you connected to and physically located in your own home and connected to your own home wifi (not a VPN)?"

 

Yes I get the menu.

Yes I see the grid

I am connected locally from home.

No VPN.

 

Prefered browser is Firefox all above answers also goes for FF


go to saved and recordings. do you see recordings listed? if so, select one and play it. do you get the video? is there an error message if not?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

I have no saved programs right now.

Will check tomorrow when I do.

Will post back with info.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282

Got it to work for now in Firefox and Chrome for now and for how long is anyones question.

Had to enable Flash so that Adobe-Pass would work.

Had to enable Auoplay.

Allow pop-up

As for Brave I am getting this error

Error ftde.xact.3307.1107296347

Not sure how to fix this other than wait to later.

 

Why Xfinity is still using Flash is beyond me.

Flash is on its way out.

 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream TVAPP-00282


@jl747 wrote:

Got it to work for now in Firefox and Chrome for now and for how long is anyones question.

Had to enable Flash so that Adobe-Pass would work.

Had to enable Auoplay.

Allow pop-up

As for Brave I am getting this error

Error ftde.xact.3307.1107296347

Not sure how to fix this other than wait to later.

 

Why Xfinity is still using Flash is beyond me.

Flash is on its way out.


the only use of flash right now is to verify security of the HD path prior to starting to play video.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!