S_Tamale's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Monday, June 17th, 2019 8:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

Hi All, 

For the past two weeks Xfinity stream has not been working on my Macbook. The website itself will load and I'm able to watch any recorded shows, but OnDemand isn't working. When I select a show it just keeps buffering. All other streaming websites are running perfectly okay (Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, etc.). I called the 1-800 number earlier today, but they weren't able to resolve the issue. I've tried updating flash, clearing my cache, flushing my DNS cache, and even changing my DNS. Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@S_Tamale wrote:

Hi All, 

For the past two weeks Xfinity stream has not been working on my Macbook. The website itself will load and I'm able to watch any recorded shows, but OnDemand isn't working. When I select a show it just keeps buffering. All other streaming websites are running perfectly okay (Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, etc.). I called the 1-800 number earlier today, but they weren't able to resolve the issue. I've tried updating flash, clearing my cache, flushing my DNS cache, and even changing my DNS. Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

does on demand work on same wireless network (iOS/android)? did you try the chrome browser?

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hello S_Tamale. Thanks for visiting and posting on our Forum. We'd like to help troubleshoot your Xfinity Stream issue. Are you able to answer Rustyben's questions? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

@S_Tamale @Rustyben 

I am having this same issue for about two weeks as well. I have called customer service and they could not resolve the issue, told me to clear my cache, cleared all history, have tried it on chrome and safari, nothing is working. The whole point of xfinity stream is to be able to watch when you are not at home, so I would not be in a situation to have it on the same wifi as On Demand. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@ruthbass7241 wrote:

@S_Tamale @Rustyben 

I am having this same issue for about two weeks as well. I have called customer service and they could not resolve the issue, told me to clear my cache, cleared all history, have tried it on chrome and safari, nothing is working. The whole point of xfinity stream is to be able to watch when you are not at home, so I would not be in a situation to have it on the same wifi as On Demand. 

using chrome or safari browser? what DNS resolver addresses are stored in your internet settings when away from home? (you should see the TVgo channels as well as much of the on-demand library and all completed DVR recordings as long as you are in the USA.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello ruthbass7241, thank you for creating a post. Can you tell me if the app works on another device that you have like a cell phone, tablet, or another computer? Do you get any error message while trying to access the app? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have also been having this issue the past few days. Would love to get to the bottom of this issue...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

5 years ago

@sef1011 wrote: I have also been having this issue the past few days. Would love to get to the bottom of this issue...

Do you only have this issue on your MAC book? Have you tired accessing this content on any other equipment? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I just downloaded the xfinity stream app and it works on there. But I would prefer to use it on my MAC vs my phone if possible.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem.

Was working a few days ago. Now, I cannot play any shows from my saved recordings.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@DrGerm wrote:

Same problem.

Was working a few days ago. Now, I cannot play any shows from my saved recordings.

are the recordings still on the home DVR? do the recordings work on a smart phone/tablet using the xfinity stream app?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same problem here.  Something about the Adobe Flash...having to enable it each time?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@rjhnl wrote:

Same problem here.  Something about the Adobe Flash...having to enable it each time?

the current use of flash is just to be sure the HDCP security is enforced and is to be replaced by Dec 31, 2020. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue with XFINITY on Mac Pro as others. Had ot working for months and then it stopped. Error message says to empty browser cache. Did that and same error message appears. Have communicated with both Apple and Concsst with no success. Strange as xfinity stream continues  to work perfectly on my IPAD and IPHONE. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This is happening to me, too, for about 4 or 5 days. Has anyone figured out a solution? I have watched successfully on my Mac Pro for years, but now this problem.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have lost the ability to stream live TV on both my MacBook and my Mac mini.  happened about two days ago.  Was hoping that someone figured this out.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here