Mellie4187's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, July 1st, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

Streaming Beta App Not Working....yet again.

Streaming app not working on Samsung TV in bedrooms for the last two days. It is stuck on a “you haven’t purchased anything yet” screen. I’ve uninstalled, unplugged, rebooted, etc.
The app works fine on our phones.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Mellie4187 wrote:
Streaming app not working on Samsung TV in bedrooms for the last two days. It is stuck on a “you haven’t purchased anything yet” screen. I’ve uninstalled, unplugged, rebooted, etc.
The app works fine on our phones.

did you use the TV remote to access settings/system to update firmware for the TV? if so, did you unplug the TV for 3-5 minutes (longer is better) then plug back in?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

More details in this thread:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Xfinity-Stream-Beta-stopped-working/m-p/3356316#M87137

What I did to fix:

1) Full uninstall of Xfinity Stream Beta from the APPS -> Settings Gear Icon  (need to go into the APPS screen first instead of just 'removing' the Xfinity Stream Beta app from the main screen.

2) Unplug TV for a few minutes

3) Plug in TV

4) Reinstall Xfinity Stream Beta from APPS

When I re-installed Xfinity Stream Beta, the App took me through the re-activation process, including agreeing to the Terms of Service and getting the Authorization Code and entering it into http://xfinity.com/authorize.  This is how you know that the App was fully uninstalled and flushed from the TV cache.

I am curious if the latest update to this app, on June 1, 2020 is the root cause of the issue.  Maybe something bad in that version.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

hi All, I just deprovisioned all of @Mellie4187's devices across both of her linked accounts and checked to ensure she has the right default account set (the one with X1 services). I've also emailed her to follow up. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Did not work for me.  I've dealt with so many issues with this app I finally decided to remove TV from my plan.  However, I was supposed to still have service until my service period ends, but no, as soon as I received the streaming tv box in the mail, this "you haven't purchased anything yet" error - which is a new one.  I think they just shut off my service even though I'm still paying for it.  Getting help is like trying to touch my elbow on the top of my head.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I know your pain! It is happening again as I am having the same issue 

how did you get if finally reselved

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

Hi @user_1850aa. Sorry to hear you are also having the same issue. I'd like to go through some trouble shooting steps with you and help. Could you please send me a peer to peer chat with your full name and address? To send me a peer to peer chat, click on the "Chat" icon, then click on the pen/pad icon, and then Xfinity Support. Thank you for taking the time to work with us on this. We will get to the bottom of what's causing this issue for you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Did anyone get help with this? I’m new to xfinity and having the same issue

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@user_771bf1

Good afternoon!

Thanks for bringing this concern to our attention! We are very grateful for your business and for choosing us to be your choice of providers. We are here to help and address this error with your Xfintiy Stream app. I will need to look at your account to help you troubleshoot this one. Can you send me a direct message so we keep your account details private, please?

Here's the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here