sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

10 years ago

@crabhappy wrote:

How come everyone in the USA except Comcast can use their ROKU with HBOGo . What gives. Would like to see this happen ASAP  Woman Frustrated

HBO Go availability on Roku (and other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the input Ted.  You understand that roku has come to a business agreement with EVERY other major TV provider in the US right?  Verizon, Time Warner, Direct TV, Dish network.  Those all happened years ago.  Can you explain the belligerence of Comcast to NOT make such a business deal that so many of Comcast's customers clearly want?

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

TED, the only business that has made a decision to block this is Comcast. ROKU wants it. HBO wants it.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

Heh Ted-Comcast -- According to most surveys Comcast is among the 2 lowest rated cable companies in the US for customer service and satisfaction.....  That's why people are upset the Comcast is threatening to absorb TimeWarner and ...

Why don't you take a small step in proving us wrong, and push this issue along?

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for starting this. Not sure if it will have an impact or how or if anyone at Comcast will ever see it, but it never hurts to get the customer in front of them.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

I was watching TV and saw a story about how Change.org has helped lots of people out there fight the man. So I created a petition about this ROKU issue (of course I did not look to see if there was already one, and have deleted mine in favor of helping out the one already there).

https://www.change.org/p/comcast-xfinity-support-hbo-lifetime-and-other-stations-on-roku

If the link gets stripped go to change.org and search for comcast roku and choose the one titled

Support HBO, Lifetime and other stations on Roku

post it to your facebook and email others. They only have 48 signitures maybe we can get some traction.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

Great, I just signed (with my real name)

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

as a paying hbo customer I should be able to use hbogo on my roku box

Gold Problem Solver

• 

1.6K Messages

10 years ago

Comcast blocks it on Roku.

If you have a smart tv, there is mostly likely an HBOgo app to stream to tv.  That is what I use on Samsung TV. 

However I usually use on demand to watch HBO as I don't see any differnce in what is available on HBOgo or Ondemand

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Teds:

You can say that Comcast and Roku have not reached a business decision as much you like, but many customers like myself have called the other providers to find out exactly what is involved in enabling a device to use the service. It is nothing more than checking a box on the administration side of the HBO site. At least you tried. Direct TV admitted they were doing it out of spite and Comcast should do the same.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

I believe there is a big difference between ondemand and hbogo. The latter has the entire hbo inventory, and on demand only has a pretty limited selection. Also it limits what devices you can use.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

Not any more, at least here, HBO On Demand seems to now have the full HBO library, at least the series. They even ran an advert stating this.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

>> PUREGENIUS

At least DirecTV finally said WTH and gave in and now allows activation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

So anyone who is interested in making this issue more public feel free to upvote and comment in this reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/2eqspk/til_that_comcast_has_prevented_ps3_users_from/ . It's got over two thousand upvotes already but more never hurts and more visibility might help motivate Comcast more to deal with our issue.

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

@jhusosky wrote:

>> PUREGENIUS

At least DirecTV finally said WTH and gave in and now allows activation.

I am aware that DirecTV now allows activation. I was making the point that they admitted their previous stance had nothing to do with money or a technical situation. Comcast's behavior is beyond disingenuous and they should be ashamed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here