JethroBodeen's profile

New Poster

• 

22 Messages

Friday, November 8th, 2019 4:00 AM

Closed

Pixelated video on pc

I have so much pixelation that xfinity video is not viewable.  The live television streaming works great, but the movies look like this:xfinity pixellated.jpg

The problem is not my internet connection.  Here's a speedtest:

xfinity speedtest.png

Also, live streaming television looks like this:

live television on pc.jpg

Is there any way to fix this so I can watch movies?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

now that i can watch a show thats great but when i turned off the "hardware acceleration" it affected my Google maps.  I don't have the 3D  Or Globe view anymore because of that being turned off.

i have to use another browser for that..  If its not one thing it something else.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Companies making changes before other systems can adapt is frustrating.  Thinking seriously about dumping Chome altogether.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@BruceW wrote: ... History's "Ancient Aliens" S14E17: "The Secrets of Stonehenge" and S14E05: "They Came from the Sea" ...

try it now with new version of chrome out just today. (i tested ancient aliens)

Checked the first few minutes of both eps with acceleration on and at the high quality setting. They both look good. Looks like somebody fixed something! (Chrome Version 79.0.3945.79 Official Build 64-bit).

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@BruceW wrote:

@Rustyben wrote: Chrome has an update available. I never had the problem so can't test that it is fixed in the new version. 

How do History's "Ancient Aliens" S14E17: "The Secrets of Stonehenge" and S14E05: "They Came from the Sea" work for you? With the previous version 78.0.3904.87 and the latest version 78.0.3904.97 (both 64-bit) these two episodes are badly pixelated in Chrome when Playback Quality is high and "Use hardware acceleration" is enabled. This is on a quad-core AMD system running Win 10.

try it now with new version of chrome out just today. (i tested ancient aliens)

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@apraetor wrote:

The distortion is being caused by a bug in Xfinity's outdated player. They use Flash! In 2019! Their code isn't compatible with the latest security changes to Chrome, intended to prevent malicious code from executing in your GPU. You need to disable hardware acceleration in Chrome (thereby killing your battery life and slowing down your PC) in order to get Comcast's antiquated mess to work.

that is not true, flash is 'only' used to verify HD path is encrypted and secure. new chrome version is working well. you can turn your hardware acceleration back on with chrome now.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

The distortion is being caused by a bug in Xfinity's outdated player. They use Flash! In 2019! Their code isn't compatible with the latest security changes to Chrome, intended to prevent malicious code from executing in your GPU. You need to disable hardware acceleration in Chrome (thereby killing your battery life and slowing down your PC) in order to get Comcast's antiquated mess to work.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here