Pocho2003's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, February 23rd, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

S20 compatibility

I purchased the s20 base model from Samsung. It's unlocked. Will it be compatible with Xfinity Mobile?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

They just told me it’s not.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I was finally able to get LTE to work. I think the APN was reset after the phone update. The Access Point Name should be COMCAST.RSLR.VZWENTP

When data wasn't working, I had a different APN showing. The s20 won't let you edit the APN in Airplane Mode. I had to put the SIM back into my S9+, reboot it, verify the APN there, and then transfer it back to the s20.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

No.

I heard the same from CS.
The problem has nothing to do with 5g - Xfinity doesn't even offer it yet!

They don't seem to have the tech support chops to really work well with BYOD. If you're not confident in your ability to set it up yourself, pick a different phone or carrier.

I got mine working, but I used my old sim, and had to get YouMail for voicemail.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

It is not, sadly. Verizon decided not to carry the base s20 because it lacks the mm-wave 5g antenna.

Rumor has it that Samsung will make a special version of the s20 for VZW (and presumably Xfinity, too) this Summer.

But...you can get it to work. It took some doing, but I managed. However I had to get YouMail since there was no help with Visual Voicemail.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I was able to get 4G/3G running. When I initially set up the s20, it grabbed (or perhaps I selected) the wrong APN.

I put the sim back into my s9+ and rebooted. The APN was showing correctly (COMCAST.RSLR.VZWENTP).
I then popped the sim back into the s20 and boom.

Visual Voicemail doesn't work. CS won't even try to work with me on an "unsupported" phone.

I downloaded YouMail. Seems legit.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

That worked for me, didn't have to put the sim into the old phone just changed the APN on the S20 ultra.
Thanks

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I have the s20 base. My APN is the same as above, however, I can only connect to LTE. Any suggestions on getting 3G/4G to work?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

How can Samsung call the S20 base 5G if it doesn't have a 5G antenna?

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

The S20 base model has a 5G antenna that works on AT&T and T mobile. It does not work on Verizon, thus it won't work on XM. The + and the Ultra have the Verizon compatible 5G antenna.

Verizon decided to use a different 5G technology than the other carriers. It's faster, but uses a different modem in the phone. Samsung chose not to include this VZW needed modem in the base phone.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the info. Does anyone else feel totally shafted??

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

my uocked s20 base works with
COMCAST.RSLR.VZWENTP as LTE 160mbps. I don't care about 5G.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Got it. Thanks for responding.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I purchased a galaxy s20 ultra (grey) from Samsung directly unlocked. Put the IMEI number in on Xfinity's website when I got the phone, it was compatible. Move forward a day, I got a sim card for the new phone on Wednesday, it worked fine, had LTE data, call and texting all working fine. Now on Friday my phone only receives calls and texts, sends calls and outgoing calls and I'm (disconnected) from the mobile data network. After 2 hours online in chat with an Xfinity agent I'm told I need a new SIM card for my phone to get it to work properly even though I got a new SIM card 2 days earlier. I choose to go-to a Xfinity mobile store vs having Xfinity just ship me one in two days. I go-to the same store I originally went to and now am told my unlocked direct purchase from Samsung s20 ultra can't be added to their system. And I will need to return my phone to Samsung and purchase one from Xfinity to get a working phone. What gives! Xfinity won't offer the same discount I got from Samsung because I used Samsung points to purchase the phone. So I will pay about $350 more for the phone from Xfinity... It's unlocked ...

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry you’re getting the runaround. Reach out to ComcastChrisL here via a private message. He knows what he’s doing. Might take some time to get it all done but he’s been flawless for what I needed doing.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry I am new hear. How do I private message ChrisL?

I just bought an unlocked Samsung S20 plus from Samsung. I put in my current SIM for my Samsung S9 plus and it is working. I chatted online with Xfinity and they said my phone is not compatible yet. Yet I used the online compatibility link and it said my phone is compatible. Do I just use it or call back again to try to find someone that can change my device to Samsung S20 plus with the new IMEI?

Thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here