whodunnit32's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, July 11th, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

Peacock requires my password every time I launch it

I got my Flex setup ok no issue. Launched Peacock and entered my email. Got 2 emails from Peacock, one to verify email and other to set up password. 

Now when I launch Peacock it asks for password EVERY TIME. That is very painful given the SLOW cursor interface on the Flex remote.  If this is normal, it won’t get used much. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just the problem I'm facing. I reached out to online chat support and explained similar problem. They asked me to disconnect the Flex device for 30 sec and then login again but it didn't fix the problem. They have told me that tech support will reach out to me over phone to get it fixed. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

post a reply if you get any resolution from tech support. It makes the device too hard to use assuming you have other options/other boxes to use. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Just had the most agonizing help call from Xfinity agent, trying to get to bottom of this password issue.  Asked me same questions over  and over. Agent tried to tell me Flex box was not compatible with my docsis 3 compatible modem.  I was watching a movie last night on Peacock thru this modem and Flex box without issue, so not buying in on that.  ??  Finally got to where agent was going to hand me off to Technical support person and it instead went to automated support  which asked me / told me that they were going to reset my modem remotely, I had to answer NO several times as my wife is working at home and is currently connected. I hung up. Customer service is not their strong suit.   Wow that was a waste of my time. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Oh good, though not really a comfort. I thought it was just my issue. Honestly, i really only picked up flex to get peacock to get Brave New World. If this is how it will continue to work, I'll just stream BNW in one sitting. Then i can go back to watching everything through my roku.

I'm a little afraid to contact support if the best they can offer is to reboot the device.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I tried to get tech support again today. Chatted with live agent who set up an appointment at 1pm for tech support to call me.  They have not called me. 

I am guessing they are hip-deep in Flex/Peacock problems, since Pecock went live officially today.   I will wait a few weeks and try again. Box will probably get returned.  

The 2 messages that I get don’t agree.....

DA0EA4E0-D1A2-41A0-8F91-C97FCD676C3F.jpeg6B61F7C6-7996-4209-85F2-5348190AF9B9.jpeg

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem here. Also, after logging in we only have access to Peacock Free...not Premium

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I have same issue, actually multiple issues. On app in Flex box, it needs to go through log in process each time I launch, shows I only have Peacock Free, and when trying to link on Peacock website it tells me I don't qualify for Premium. However, it does look like I have access to Premium on the Flex box since I can access all episodes of Peacock originals, which I believe is only limited to Premium customers after episode 1. One thing I noticed on the account page of the Peacock app in Flex, on left side menu near bottom, it says signed in as unauthenticated.  I believe that prior to yesterday's full launch, it used to show my email address.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having this same issue and it on my apple tv. I can use peacock premium on my Flex (albeit i have to sign in everytime which, why?) but I cant use premium on anything else. Peacock customer service live chat wasnt of any help and they directed me to regular xfinity support to which i waited 45 min with no answer, so I hung up. What gives?!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I logged into Peacock on web browser and went to Xfinity link and it was working today. (Showed me as Premium). I then launched Peacock on Flex and it went right in without email/password. It shows up as Premium on account screen.  So whatever backend authentication that needed fixing got fixed.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been having same issues described here. Conacted Xfinity to get a response that it is a peacocktv problem. Contacted peacocktv support and got no satisfactory answers. The issue is still not resolved and when I log in on my flex device it still says unauthenticated user. Tried linking my xfinity account again today with no luck. I hope they resolve this soon or else it's not going to be used much.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

On the Flex box itself it gives you premium access, problem is it says free and does not stay signed in. Plus once set up you are supposed to be able to use Peacock on any of your devices that support it and I was going to pay for the add free one since we get it a bit cheaper. But Flex is terrible. The remote feels like Garbage, and the app runs a lot better on my lg oled tv and stays signed in. But only free access on that version because Xfinity fails to authenticate and says my service does not include it..

Here is the real kicker. Got Email thanking me for signing up for premium and another telling me I can watch Law and order because I am premium lol

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Peacock has been more responsive to my other concerns but won't address the klunky log in screen keypad that I have to endure everytime. I have direct Comcast cable access through my TV.  Peacock notified me that my Xfinity account doesn't include Peacock Premium even though all the ads say Xfinity customers get free Premium. But in any case, even for the free Peacock, that antique log in screen is a giant pain. So I'm sticking with Xfinity-on-demand and Prime Video, which are both much easier to access. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

I also have the password problem, and yesterday I went to the xfinity store, and when they loaded peacock on there tv, they also had to enter the password (the guy said it was set up 3 days ago). I think until they fix it we are just going to have to keep entering the password every time.

Also, it took me some time to find out why I was not getting premium on other devices like Apple TV. After searching for a while I found this page: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-app-overview

With-in the page it says: "In addition, customers with two Xfinity services, such as TV and Internet, or any TV customer with Digital Starter service or above can access Peacock Premium on third-party devices."
I only subscribe to internet, so I can only get premium on the flex. I really think they should let people know that in the email about having premium (without that information it feels like false advertisement, telling people they can get premium on all devices, when it is just on Flex).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same issue! Flex system is not very good even for free. The remote also must be pointed directly at the box. I only got the flex for Yellowstone season 1 & 2. Appears to be no fix since the system allows flex premium for free and is a bypass for the premium access. I suggest making your password uuuuuuuuu making an easier login.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I have this exact same issue! I created a new thread before I saw this one. I tweet @ComcastCares to get some eyes on this thread.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here