CousinEddie_0's profile

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

Thursday, November 7th, 2019 4:00 AM

Closed

XFi app shows 0% device activity for all connected devices

After almost a year with XFi, I’m getting this problem. All of my connected devices show up in the app, and everything seems to work fine, but the app shows 0% network usage for each device. I have tried the XFi app on 3 different mobile devices with the same consistent result. Digging into the presented graph data, it appears the 0% data usage for each device started around 10/23/2019. The router has been rebooted, but still showing 0% usage for each device since then. Connectivity and Speed are fine; this is only a display issue. Since all the more important functions of my network seem to work without issue, I’m hesitant to do any radical troubleshooting, but having the correct stats certainly would be useful. Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

5 years ago

Hi @CousinEddie_0, I took a quick look and I do see that devices are connected to your network but the activity is still reading 0%. 

I can escalate a ticket for this and will keep you updated. 

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you. I don’t consider this mission critical; the important thing is internet has been working fine, so I definitely don’t want to disrupt that experience. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, the XFi website says the same, which is 0% per device. The monthly stats for data usage, however, do show a number that appears accurate.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

Posting back 1 week later, as I still have the same problem as I originally described. The XFI app shows the same results (0% device activity for each connected device), from multiple places where I have it installed. Am I the only one with this issue?

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @CousinEddie_0, I did open a ticket for this last week and I heard back yesterday. There is an open bug that is causing this issue and the team in continuing to invesitgate. Unfortunately, I do not have any further update at this time, but once I get some news I can let you know. 

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

This has been working correctly now over the last two days. Keeping fingers crossed... Thanks

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m having the same issue

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

Interestingly, 3 days after posting that the issue was resolved for me, it is now back —— 0% Device Activity across the board again.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Have same issue. Already did hard reboot. Remove and reinstalled app. Still 0% usage

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

Dear Comcast, is there any update on a fix for this issue? Unable to tell which devices are consuming the most activity.

Thanks

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

The reason it shows that started on a certain date is probably because you have a thief.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Mine does this on some of my devices. The maddenng thing is , I use my extender (RE6400) 24/7. Constantly and it shows 0% usage and then it drops it! It does this because Comcast unlike the rest of the world uses the 10.0.0.1 addresses. Everybody else uses 192.168.0.1. If I get on old router and plug it into my Arris router/modem It will see that router. But that one is old and Im renting this stupid thing. I want to buy a new router/modem of my own, What model will work with my 300mbs band. Or failing that why wont my extender see the Arris? Ive been around and around with the morons at Linksys. They said "It be broke" Thanx for nothing. Its not broke.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

Still having this problem 100% of the time with all connected devices. I generally have from 12 to 20 devices connected.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same issue and tried rebooting the modem and disconnecting device. When will this issue be resolved?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here