Tatyana1's profile

Contributor

• 

148 Messages

Tuesday, September 1st, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream question

Hello, I'm a comcast internet costumer, meaning I only have internet services. Recently I clicked on xfinity stream tab and it took me to buch of live streams,  I'm not really interested in watching streams but I was wondering if there is a way to close or terminate those streams on my end? 

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Tatyana1 wrote:

Hello, I'm a comcast internet costumer, meaning I only have internet services. Recently I clicked on xfinity stream tab and it took me to buch of live streams,  I'm not really interested in watching streams but I was wondering if there is a way to close or terminate those streams on my end? 

Thanks

no. note that most are also on the included for internet customers Peacock app. you can get a free set top box called flex too.

Contributor

• 

148 Messages

4 years ago

So those live streams are not eating my bandwidth? That's what I'm worried about. Sorry to be so confused about it. Like I said I don't want to watch any of those streams.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Tatyana1 wrote:

So those live streams are not eating my bandwidth? That's what I'm worried about. Sorry to be so confused about it. Like I said I don't want to watch any of those streams.

I appear to have misunderstood your question. when you buy a cable tv subscription the streaming of the numbered channels, regular on-demand, and recorded programs do not count. viewing of 'internet apps' (clearly marked) does count as do apps for 3rd parties like netflix, peacock, etc. 

Contributor

• 

148 Messages

4 years ago

Yes I know that but if you go to xfinity stream you will see many Live streams, those you can't terminate right? they are always there, its like a live TV program except that its on the internet right?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Tatyana1 wrote:

Yes I know that but if you go to xfinity stream you will see many Live streams, those you can't terminate right? they are always there, its like a live TV program except that its on the internet right?

are they 'numbered' channels? (what are called linear).

Contributor

• 

148 Messages

4 years ago

They are Sports on now and LIVE TV, they are always streaming. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here