cptadder's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, December 19th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream went from 100 channels to 17 channels 11 of them QVC

Simple issue, my streaming choices have gone from just over a hundred (My account says 147 channels I'm a bulk account) down to just these.

xfinity channel list.png
https://imgur.com/ym4jSK5
https://imgur.com/a/Qs0hTOm

Channel list is identical on home PC, on laptop on wifi, on phone using 4g using app or using home wifi.

Also tried taking the laptop to a public xfinity wifi spot same issue channel list is the same.  Tried chat which spent 40 minutes with me then gave me the traditional go away which is restart all my equipment and run away while I'm rebooting so I lost that chat session.

Thing is I know this is an accout issue,tried to convience them of that fact but I don't seem to be able to get anywhere with tech support so maybe someone can point me in the right direct, is there email support of any kind?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@cptadder wrote:

Simple issue, my streaming choices have gone from just over a hundred (My account says 147 channels I'm a bulk account) down to just these.

xfinity channel list.png
https://imgur.com/ym4jSK5
https://imgur.com/a/Qs0hTOm

Channel list is identical on home PC, on laptop on wifi, on phone using 4g using app or using home wifi.

Also tried taking the laptop to a public xfinity wifi spot same issue channel list is the same.  Tried chat which spent 40 minutes with me then gave me the traditional go away which is restart all my equipment and run away while I'm rebooting so I lost that chat session.

Thing is I know this is an accout issue,tried to convience them of that fact but I don't seem to be able to get anywhere with tech support so maybe someone can point me in the right direct, is there email support of any kind?

first check is to use a smart phone and the Xfinity my Account app. select the TV tab. select the channel lineup link.  are all the channels you expect shown in your subscription lineup shown? you won't see the numbered channels usijng a device not hooked up to your own home internet (stream app nor streaming website).

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I've already taken those steps as indicated in my post, on home computer, on cell phone and on laptop logging into my account as main account holder gets the same channel list.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@cptadder wrote:

I've already taken those steps as indicated in my post, on home computer, on cell phone and on laptop logging into my account as main account holder gets the same channel list.

you misread my reply. the post shows you what 'should' be there not what you are seeing. once you reply the users here can help you for next step.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

>first check is to use a smart phone and the Xfinity my Account app. select the TV tab. select the channel lineup link. are all the channels you expect shown in your subscription lineup shown? you won't see the numbered channels usijng a device not hooked up to your own home internet (stream app nor streaming website).

The answer to this question is now, for example my channel lineup lists local channels, news channels, things like true tv, discovery tlc and the rest as compared to my streaming channels which are again... 11 verisons of QVC and nothing of the above

Xfinity-Comcast called me a few hours ago, they said they would try some things and call me back, well so far hours later no changes it's still the same situation, 11 brands of QVC and nothing else.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@cptadder wrote:

>first check is to use a smart phone and the Xfinity my Account app. select the TV tab. select the channel lineup link. are all the channels you expect shown in your subscription lineup shown? you won't see the numbered channels usijng a device not hooked up to your own home internet (stream app nor streaming website).

The answer to this question is now, for example my channel lineup lists local channels, news channels, things like true tv, discovery tlc and the rest as compared to my streaming channels which are again... 11 verisons of QVC and nothing of the above

Xfinity-Comcast called me a few hours ago, they said they would try some things and call me back, well so far hours later no changes it's still the same situation, 11 brands of QVC and nothing else.

I'm hopeful you will be helped by the phone support. if not or you wish to fix this immediately, call 800-Comcast and select tech support for cable TV. Ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team. ask the team member to reprovision your streaming device entitlements. if someone talks about sending a hit to your home equipment they do not understand that this is for the  app/streaming website. if the team member seems confused ask for a supervisor.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Same exact issue. I've tried everything. Tier 2 is "working on it" for 3 days now. Nothing. I'm about to move on to something else. This is pathetic. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue here, with some info in case it helps someone guess at a solution.

Spent almost 2 hours on a support call yesterday, went through 4 tech support people and a billing person with no resolution, and they did all the expected things (sending codes to non-existent devices, resetting provisions, suggesting I get a new cable box despite the fact I'm streaming only, etc, but my account looks fine at their end). The last person (tech support level 2) ended our call with a fairly abrupt suggestion that it was part of a known outage in my area and that their tech dept was working on it and would notify me, etc etc.

Long story short, I can't stream anything except 5 QVC channels and like 50 MC music channels in the 800s.

I've tried making a new user account with same result; tried streaming incognito; tried streaming via mobile device both on and off my local wifi; tried different browsers; tried different Roku devices. Still the same result.

One twist: My Channel Lineup in my account shows the 5 QVC/50 MC channels initially. My service address is correctly listed at the top, but when I go to 'Find Address' (with my service address in place) it suddenly shows all the correct 150+ channels (although I still can't stream them via online/mobile/beta app).

A second twist: I have my own Motorola Surfboard modem (and have for many years). My account's 'Devices' page shows two cable modems. Presumably one is the Comcast modem that I don't have, and the second one is accurately my own Motorola Surfboard. I'm wondering if the non-existent modem on my account might be 'breaking' Comcast's ability to provision my account/access correctly?

Other than that, I feel like this will never get resolved if I just wait for tech support to 'look into it'. In the meanwhile, I guess I better start to enjoy QVC, because that's all I have.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@negativer wrote:

Same issue here, with some info in case it helps someone guess at a solution.

Spent almost 2 hours on a support call yesterday, went through 4 tech support people and a billing person with no resolution, and they did all the expected things (sending codes to non-existent devices, resetting provisions, suggesting I get a new cable box despite the fact I'm streaming only, etc, but my account looks fine at their end). The last person (tech support level 2) ended our call with a fairly abrupt suggestion that it was part of a known outage in my area and that their tech dept was working on it and would notify me, etc etc.

Long story short, I can't stream anything except 5 QVC channels and like 50 MC music channels in the 800s.

I've tried making a new user account with same result; tried streaming incognito; tried streaming via mobile device both on and off my local wifi; tried different browsers; tried different Roku devices. Still the same result.

One twist: My Channel Lineup in my account shows the 5 QVC/50 MC channels initially. My service address is correctly listed at the top, but when I go to 'Find Address' (with my service address in place) it suddenly shows all the correct 150+ channels (although I still can't stream them via online/mobile/beta app).

A second twist: I have my own Motorola Surfboard modem (and have for many years). My account's 'Devices' page shows two cable modems. Presumably one is the Comcast modem that I don't have, and the second one is accurately my own Motorola Surfboard. I'm wondering if the non-existent modem on my account might be 'breaking' Comcast's ability to provision my account/access correctly?

Other than that, I feel like this will never get resolved if I just wait for tech support to 'look into it'. In the meanwhile, I guess I better start to enjoy QVC, because that's all I have.

call 800-COMCAST and select billing. ask the agent to remove the old modem leaving only your current modem. yes that is the problem and you did a good job of diagnosing it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here