Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

60 Messages

Tuesday, July 30th, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream - How To Enable Flash on a Google Chrome Browser

If you use a Google Chrome browser to watch shows or movies from the Xfinity Stream portal ( xfinity.com/stream), you’ll need to enable Flash. And starting with the latest version of Google Chrome, Chrome 76, you won’t be able to turn on Flash from within the Xfinity Stream portal.

That means the next time you open the Chrome browser, you’ll have to enable Flash through Chrome’s built-in settings. Read on to find out how!

Enable Flash on Chrome

To enable Flash on Google Chrome:
  1. Go to xfinity.com/stream.
  2. Click on the Lock icon to the left of the address bar.
    Lock icon left of url 
  3. Click the dropdown to the right of Flash, scroll down and select Allow.
    Flash on left with drop down box on right with Allow as second option on drop down 
  4. Click Reload to apply the settings.
    Reload button appears below url

If the Flash dropdown is missing:
  1. Follow steps 1-2, then click Site Settings at the bottom of the page.
  2. Click the dropdown to the right of Flash, scroll down and select Allow.
    Flash on left with drop down box on right with Allow as second option on drop down 
  3. Click Reload.
    Reload button appears below url

Still having trouble? Visit the   Google Chrome Help  site for more information.
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

253 Messages

5 years ago

Is Comcast planning for the day when Flash is no longer available in any form on any web browser?  When can PC users expect to see an Xfinity Stream website that doesn't use Flash at all?

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Adobe Flash player will soon be taken from Google Chrome support. How will people using Comcast be able to stream Movies and TV on their computer using Google Chrome after takes effect???

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@bobdc6 wrote:

Flash doesn't work that well anyway, they should just go ahead and change it now.

And whill they're at it, restore the ability to set up recordings remotely, it's been TWO years since they said it was temporary.

flash is used to verify security (HDCP) of the stream not to actually play. that process is currently approved by the network programming providers. the remote recording issue is still not resolved in the patent court process.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Flash doesn't work that well anyway, they should just go ahead and change it now.

And whill they're at it, restore the ability to set up recordings remotely, it's been TWO years since they said it was temporary.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I am and have been using the flash player- my question is that when Chrome no longer supports the Adobe flash player starting in December, how will we watch things on Comcast.??

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for this helpful information.  Do you have any help for Microsoft Edge?  Every time I open Stream there, I must go through several steps to allow Flash. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@lh30 wrote:

Thank you for this helpful information.  Do you have any help for Microsoft Edge?  Every time I open Stream there, I must go through several steps to allow Flash. 

just part of edge

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@larry2030- wrote:

I am and have been using the flash player- my question is that when Chrome no longer supports the Adobe flash player starting in December, how will we watch things on Comcast.??

that is december 2020 not this december. 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@lh30 wrote:

just part of edge

Actually, this only started on Edge about two weeks ago.  It's really annoying.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I just wish the would just move ahead and stop using flash.. why wait until the end... just move past it already... 

You charge enough money for your service as it is so spending a few dollars on a team to remove flash ASAP should not be an issue so stupid to wait until last minute so when something goes wrong.. and it most likely will... people will be without any streaming abilities. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

when i enable flash in chrome i get broken streaming on pc and pixels, anyone knows how to fix this?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I enabled flash as directed but the video portion of on demand is garbled.  Audio portion is fine, ut unable to watch due to distorted picture.  Any suggestions?  Worked fine up until about a week ago; hasn't worked since.  Thanks!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@krlawrence22 wrote:

I enabled flash as directed but the video portion of on demand is garbled.  Audio portion is fine, ut unable to watch due to distorted picture.  Any suggestions?  Worked fine up until about a week ago; hasn't worked since.  Thanks!

a new chrome version just came out today. upgrade and see if they fixed their problem.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I've followed the directions, exactly, as described and find the picture still flashes in and out. I've gone to the settings in Chrome and made xfinity a default user of flash,same result. Netflix, Hulu, Tubi, AMC, etc., only Xfinity gives me a problem, each and every time I use it. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@bcdjr wrote:

I've followed the directions, exactly, as described and find the picture still flashes in and out. I've gone to the settings in Chrome and made xfinity a default user of flash,same result. Netflix, Hulu, Tubi, AMC, etc., only Xfinity gives me a problem, each and every time I use it. 

yes the new version did not fix the issue. on another thread a regular poster here gave me a series to try and it would not play with hardware acceleration on and played badly with it off and i have a fast PC.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here