Chris418's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Tvapp-00500 error

Trying to watch live tv at home using the app on roku. Gives this error code, can watch on demand things appears to just be live tv. We are at home connected to our xfinity wifi. Do not have a tv box or a xfinity owned router. Please help resolve the issue.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem right now. Any idea what caused this? Is this a roku issue because beta works fine on my phone right now but refuses to work on the roku device.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem here.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

At least we aren't alone, wondering now if its a roku issue now. I hadn't thought to try on a different device. I know I restarted the roku's and modem a few times. Still nothing.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same issue here, not just ROKU, also LG SmartTv Xfinity App gives same error. Although cell phone and iPad will work. Seems to be a Roku/TV app issue. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Still having the same issue. I've reset my modem, signed out and back in to the Xfinity Stream app, and still nothing.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the exact same problem. Tvapp error 00500. Can watch on-demand and saved shows. Can’t watch live tv.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

try power-unplugging the gateway/modem device for 30+ seconds and plug back in.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

A year later and I just came across the same issue as described above

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@migolfIU same thing here it’s kinda ridiculous xfinity does not have a support center for Roku

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @migolflU. Thanks for reaching out about your Roku issues. Roku troubleshooting is within our scope here on forums and I would be happy to help. Next time create your own post in the customer service area and we will get to you quicker. Posting on a year-old thread can delay help. Please DM your name and address for further help.

Make sure you are signed in.

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2.Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here