sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Cable box not connected to every tv in the house. Would love to be able to use HBO Go on the TV's that are connected to the Roku device instead of having to pay for another cable box. That is what I would like.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@JUZME wrote:

Cable box not connected to every tv in the house. Would love to be able to use HBO Go on the TV's that are connected to the Roku device instead of having to pay for another cable box. That is what I would like.

That is probably one of the main reasons Comcast won't allow it--lost revenue from cable boxes. They want control and the money.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

They only give one cable box. The other is a lo res digital adapter.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Comcasts says they are coming out with an HD dapter, who knows when. U should be able to get some ClearQAM channels, free local HD and digital channels by simple plugging your cable directly into your TV into the "cable in" and retuning your TV. Your TV must have a QAM tuner though.

Still waiting for th Uverse install (next week), fingers crossed it goes well, there is some question whether it is actually available for me.

HBOGO works on Roku for Dish and Uverse and DTV.  I am told HBOGO also works with airplay, iphone AppleTV. You have options other than Comcast.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Does comcast support OUYA? Never heard of it, I have only seenComcast supporting xbox... good luck

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

OUYA Game consoles start shipping today and will support HBOGO, since it's android. It will be hooked up to the same TV as my ROKU or can be moved around to any other TV just like my ROKU. Just another reason why this ROKU ban is so silly.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

still have my uverse. going on 2 weeks. LOVE IT !!! cheaper with a LOT LESS RESTRICTIONS. I hope you do have the opportunity to get it. you wont regret it. The hbogo access is a very nice add-on.

They cancelled the first time saying it was not available, A tech at my neighbors house says it is so we are trying again,  This is the frustrating part of Uverse, the distance limitation but those that have it are very happy

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

still have my uverse. going on 2 weeks. LOVE IT !!! cheaper with a LOT LESS RESTRICTIONS. I hope you do have the opportunity to get it. you wont regret it. The hbogo access is a very nice add-on.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

OUYA is an Android based games system so it is supported because Comcast supports android. Trouble is just reading today that with in the last month OUYA descided not to support the Google Play store so I will not be able to download the APP till someone comes out with a hack to access the Play Store.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Even though I know its pointless to complain when Comcast doesn't seem to care I just  wanted to add myself as thoroughly frustrated that HBO GO is not available through my Roku, one of the main reasons I got it. I wanted to access the massive amounts of content on HBO GO, specifically Flight of the Concords, I was all set to watch hours of hilarity then bam! Not available, even though I pay for it and there's really no good reason it shouldn't be. Feeling this powerless sucks! I don't want Dish! So I'm stuck with these anti-customer service people at Comcast! The horror!
I realize its TV we're talking about here and not something actually important so can't get too mad, just very, very disappointed.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@Stopher2475 wrote:
They only give one cable box. The other is a lo res digital adapter.

You can get additional boxes - you just have to pay the monthly fee for the additional receiver(s).

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@jhusosky wrote:

OUYA Game consoles start shipping today and will support HBOGO, since it's android. It will be hooked up to the same TV as my ROKU or can be moved around to any other TV just like my ROKU. Just another reason why this ROKU ban is so silly.

Doesn't matter if the box works with HBOGo, it is whether Comcast supports it on the device/service you are using.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

There is an app (called "Extract APK's) that, well, extracts APK's.

Link:

GOOGLE PLAY

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

The original poster was making the point, that since OUYA is Android-based, and since HBO GO is supported by Comcast on Android, that the OUYA should be able to play HBO GO for a Comcast subscriber, the exact same way that Comcast subscriber could watch HBO GO on their Android-based phone.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

I am sure there is an ouya device in comcast possesion and they are devising a way to detect that device and disable HDMI output.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here