Community Forum

No HD on Xfinity Stream on Roku

New Poster

No HD on Xfinity Stream on Roku

How do I get HD content on Xfinity Stream Beta on my Roku? I just signed up for the service and will cancel if it doesn't come through. Stretching a hockey game to see it full screen is horrendous and there is no way I am going to pull wires to have boxes at my smart TVs when I bought them specifically so I wouldn't have a separate box anymore.

Expert

Re: No HD on Xfinity Stream on Roku

@jgoswald wrote:

How do I get HD content on Xfinity Stream Beta on my Roku? I just signed up for the service and will cancel if it doesn't come through. Stretching a hockey game to see it full screen is horrendous and there is no way I am going to pull wires to have boxes at my smart TVs when I bought them specifically so I wouldn't have a separate box anymore.

are you an X1 subscriber? if so, look at your most recent bill. is there a line in your bill that says "HD technology fee $10 or $0? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, I am an X1 subscriber and no, there isn't a line on the bill. The package description said that HD channels were included. 

Expert

@jgoswald wrote:

Yes, I am an X1 subscriber and no, there isn't a line on the bill. The package description said that HD channels were included. 

without that line at either $10 or $0 (included in package price) the Roku will not show HD. call 800-Comcast and ask for billing to determine if your package is correctly input as including HD.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Will do. Thanks.
New Poster

Good luck