petemars's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, November 18th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

wrong size picture

why is my X1 is displaying the picture much smaller than the actual tv size? All the display settings are set for best resolution, the picture is the correct 16x9 aspect ratio but it is only 1/4 the size of the 75" screen! Need to fix this X1 box! This is my second box and it was new.

petemars_0-1605711727552.jpeg

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@petemars wrote:

why is my X1 is displaying the picture much smaller than the actual tv size? All the display settings are set for best resolution, the picture is the correct 16x9 aspect ratio but it is only 1/4 the size of the 75" screen! Need to fix this X1 box! This is my second box and it was new.

is your X1 connected directly to the TV's HDMI1 or HDMI2 port?

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

the X1 box is connected to the receiver with HDMI cable then output from receiver to TV with another HDMI cable, the receiver is a Denon AVR3313ci

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@petemars wrote:

the X1 box is connected to the receiver with HDMI cable then output from receiver to TV with another HDMI cable, the receiver is a Denon AVR3313ci

the set top box HDMI/HDCP is not reading the security level of the TV (sink). Connect the set top box to the HDMI1/HDMI2 (see TV owner's manual) directly, and then use ARC out of the TV to the receiver.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Turns out it was a faulty box, although I can understand your reply to connect directly to tv.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

I'm happy you determined it was a faulty box causing your issue with your picture's size @petemars. Were you able to get a replacement box shipped or picked up from the service center? If not, my team can have one sent. Please let us know, and we'd be happy to help! 🙂 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

yes I swapped out and everything worked as it should

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

Great! I'm happy you got that all taken care of. Other than this, were you having any other issues, any questions or concerns my team can help with before your thread is closed? 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Well apparently it was not the box because it happened again, I will try another hdmi cable and maybe check the connections again

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@petemars wrote:
Well apparently it was not the box because it happened again, I will try another hdmi cable and maybe check the connections again

is the set top box connected via HDMI directly to the TV's HDMI1 or HDMI2 port (see owner's manual)?

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

3 years ago

Apologies your issue has continued, petemars. Were you able to try another HDMI cable? Did your problem resolve? 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

So far replacing hdmi cable seems to be working, no issues with the picture being the wrong size, however now the remote power button does not work, needs a long press to turn off STB, and TV, but receiver doesn’t respond. I’m going to experiment with running hdmi to ARC input on Tv instead of the STB input.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

3 years ago

Sounds good, please let me know how your testing goes. When it comes to the remote and button press responsiveness,have you replaced the batteries recently? 

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for that info. Let me know how the other remote does. 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

There are batteries in there? LOL, yes I did replace them, all other functions on the remote work fine, I’m going to swap with another remote and see if it works or not.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here