Community Forum

slow remote response...

Frequent Visitor

Re: slow remote response...

Not sure who told you it's a separate CMTS. I worked on these since day one. I fully understand the cable path forward and reverse But what I'm suggesting is to try a different channel and see how your remote responds. I have seen it more than once. It's just a suggestion to try and give more info. I'm interested if others have noticed this.
Frequent Visitor

Re: slow remote response...

Is this just certain model boxes having the issue. Mine is an older DVR with the audio and digital audio outputs. I'm on my second box. Same issue. Comcast person replacing box said it's because it's an older box and said I should get the newer box with the ARC HDMI audio out. This would require a new stereo receiver. So please post which box you have.
Expert

Re: slow remote response...


@spbutler wrote:
Is this just certain model boxes having the issue. Mine is an older DVR with the audio and digital audio outputs. I'm on my second box. Same issue. Comcast person replacing box said it's because it's an older box and said I should get the newer box with the ARC HDMI audio out. This would require a new stereo receiver. So please post which box you have.

a tech visit will find the wiring problem. it is inside or outside of your home. you could try running the set top box on the modem's connection to see if it is the outlet (as a test of home wiring). In some cases the locations are not conveniently close enough to try.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: slow remote response...

Box finally failed. Stuck in software download. Replaced box with a different model. XG1-A. Old box had component outputs and HDMI. New box has just HDMI plus optical audio output. Problem resolved.
Expert

Re: slow remote response...


@spbutler wrote:
Box finally failed. Stuck in software download. Replaced box with a different model. XG1-A. Old box had component outputs and HDMI. New box has just HDMI plus optical audio output. Problem resolved.

if the new set top box is xg1-a it is the oldest x1 DVR and has only 5 tuners available and notable historic audio drop out problems. swap for 4k DVR (no clock) for 6 tuners and 4k capability.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: slow remote response...

My stereo receiver only has RCA and optical and digital coax in. They tried to give that to me before and told me I need to buy a new stereo with HDMI. Thanks for the info. But back to the original issue. It seems the other 2 boxes was the problem for remote response, voice remote issues and tiling and rebooting. I'm not ready for a new stereo.
Expert

Re: slow remote response...


@spbutler wrote:
My stereo receiver only has RCA and optical and digital coax in. They tried to give that to me before and told me I need to buy a new stereo with HDMI. Thanks for the info. But back to the original issue. It seems the other 2 boxes was the problem for remote response, voice remote issues and tiling and rebooting. I'm not ready for a new stereo.

like you i'm not ready to replace my Sony receiver. I put in the xg1v4 (4k) and a breakout box (4 HDMI in 2 out and audio out via optical) from Amazon because i was adding another HDMI device (roku ultra) to that location and needed more inputs. wife missed the 'clock' but we had an old digital clock that is now back in service to replace the DVR's clock.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: slow remote response...

I had the older box as well for some reason even though it was installed in May 2019 when I left Direct TV and returned to Comcast.

 

A week ago we had a snow storm that knocked down a tree that took out local power lines as well as a cable wire coming to my house. After many redirects over three days by customer service I finally reached someone who ordered a technician to come out and repair the line.

 

The Technician couldn't reach the line with his ladder but called in a favor from a nearby bucket truck to swing by my property. The Technician rewired the cable coming into the house that he could reach,  and then stopped in and told me that the cable feed routed to my house was connected to a power pole at the front of my neighbor's property a couple of hundred feet away rather than the power pole at the back of my propery only some 40 feet away. Working with his bucket buddy, they relocated my cable feed to the nearby pole. It dramatically increased signal strength. He also switched out the old style box with the most current version. These changes fixed the issue of slow speed menu loading as well as the inability to use voice commands.

 

I was very pleased with the knowledge and quality of service provided by this young technician.

New Poster

Re: slow remote response...

Turned off the DVR/control box for 2 or 3 minutes and when we turned it on again, remote was back to normal. We'll see how she keeps on keep'n on. Thanks for the suggestion.