Community Forum

slow remote response...

New Poster

slow remote response...

hi...two weeks ago, I have been experiencing extremely slow reponse from my control...the only solution so far is power cycling the xfinity "box", then all becomes normal again...but again the same happens at the next day...can someone help?...thanks...

Silver Problem Solver

Re: slow remote response...

@raycurras wrote:

hi...two weeks ago, I have been experiencing extremely slow reponse from my control...the only solution so far is power cycling the xfinity "box", then all becomes normal again...but again the same happens at the next day...can someone help?...thanks...

Did you try with new batteries?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Same problem on my main box and my secondary box very slow to respond and yes batteries were checked
Diamond Problem Solver

Batteries in your remote have little to do with it. When X1 boxes are slow to respond it generally means there’s a signal issue. Check all of your connections and if you think you need a tech out let us know

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

If restarting the box solves the problem (even for one day) the issue is not likely with the signal.  I'm seeing the same issue and need to restart the dvr just about every day.

Diamond Problem Solver

You shouldn’t have to restart it at all. That’s where signal issues come in to play (or equipment issues).

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!