raycurras's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

slow remote response...

hi...two weeks ago, I have been experiencing extremely slow reponse from my control...the only solution so far is power cycling the xfinity "box", then all becomes normal again...but again the same happens at the next day...can someone help?...thanks...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jakatak wrote:
Signal levels?

your set top box communicates with comcast servers. when signal levels are noisy or too highly amplified or too low a signal the server may not receive the information the first time so it is resent until received (the delay). 

Regular Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Signal levels?

Regular Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

What is also frustrating is the turning off process. I turn off my television and my JBL sound bar takes about ten seconds after before it turns off.
It’s almost comical.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I did a hard reset of the box by unplugging it for 1 min and I have not had the lagging issue since. Hope this helps.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I've had Comcast before as well. I switched to Direct TV about 5 years ago, and was very pleased with it until 5/24/19 when I awoke to an error message about having lost the signal. I was told that they could send a technician out in 4 days. This was over the Memorial Day weekend and I had significant viewing plans. I was very upset and threatened going elsewhere for my TV service provider. Like you I was already paying for Xfinity broadband to the tune of $92/month. Add $220 to that for Direct TV, and that's a lot of money. I would also subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket for $350 over 5 months during the football season. Sooo, I visited the Xfinity store and now have broadband and TV for less than $200/month. It was worth giving Xfinity another try due to my anger at Direct TV and the economics. Unfortunatley, they don't have NFL Sunday Ticket! BTW Direct TV took another monthly payment after service ended that I've still not received back. I spent 4 hours on the phone with them on hold and being passed back and forth to different units without getting a promise to return the money. These TV providers have locked our access choices down to nada. Thanks for your reply!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Nice reply! Thanks!

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@dwtucker63 wrote:

We just installed a brand new DVR system a week ago. So far it has been ok. The Remote Rewind, Pause and Fast Forward buttons were slow to respond. But today - It has been horrible. Almost unusable. Event he Gukde loads SLOOOOWWWWWW. First time we have seen this (only been a customer for a week). 30 days in our trial. They better figure this iut or we are dropping it. It is unusable as it is today.

call 800-Comcast or use the Xfinity my account app to have Xfinity call you. set up home appointment to fix your set top box signal levels. note that each command goes to comcast's servers so it is never 'instant'. the Xfinity TV remote uses internet to do the changes and may prove speed slowness is your connection to comcast's servers from the set top boxes.

Uh, sorry to tell you this, but it was!! Well maybe not "instant", but it was milliseconds, not the 5 to 8 seconds it sometimes takes..........now....

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, I agree. I performed a refreash and it fixed it. About a week later it came back. I did another refreash and it fixed it. So far so good. Refreashing once  week is unacceptable.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

@dwtucker63 wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I performed a refreash and it fixed it. About a week later it came back. I did another refreash and it fixed it. So far so good. Refreashing once  week is unacceptable.

I am starting to wonder if they are using the "bandwidth" for something else these days.

If you go into your settings, and look at "signals", and if you are in "the sweet spot" for the signals coming in, then what else can it be?

I do know you should turn off your xfinity hotspot function, so others are piggybacking on your signal...

Contributor

• 

284 Messages

5 years ago

I for one am against having to do a refresh weekly.  That is nothing but a temporary solution and not a true fix.  I find all to often that comcast seems to push temporary solutions instead of truly fixing a problem.  In the four years that I have had comcast I have seen this far to many times in several of their products, I hate to say that about a company but so far they have not solved several issues my area, it has been some sort of work around.  Getting off the soap box.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago and just started using the web login or app to send a refresh as I was going to bed every few days so I wouldn't have to wait for it to complete.  But whatever it was went away in a few weeks.  I assumed it was a software update that fixed it, but who knows - maybe it was upstream bandwidth or server capacity in my area.

Regular Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

And how do you fix "that"?
Also......my sound bar doesn't turn off when the video turns off. It literally takes 10 seconds for the sound to turn off.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@fedup978 wrote:

I for one am against having to do a refresh weekly.  That is nothing but a temporary solution and not a true fix.  I find all to often that comcast seems to push temporary solutions instead of truly fixing a problem.  In the four years that I have had comcast I have seen this far to many times in several of their products, I hate to say that about a company but so far they have not solved several issues my area, it has been some sort of work around.  Getting off the soap box.

that is not how any of the data 'load' works. the channels/data and even the xfinitywifi data are all on different frequencies and do not affect each other. slow response is due to bad upstream signal conditions from set top box to comcast servers. fix that and your response will be fine.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

@jakatak wrote:

And how do you fix "that"?
Also......my sound bar doesn't turn off when the video turns off. It literally takes 10 seconds for the sound to turn off.

The sound bar is probably being controlled by the TV over HDMI CEC not directly by the remote itself.  If it is paired with the device, the remote sends an IR signal just like the device's own remote and would work at at the same speed.   HDMI CEC controlling power takes some time while both ends think about it.   This is unrelated to anything happening in the X1 box or xfinity system.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

Try pairing it again -  I don't think your setting is working.  Or just ignore it since you don't really have to wait for it to complete.  I have my receiver controlled by HDMI CEC because there is a better line of sight to the TV than the receiver from several sitting positions.   The timing is a little strange but it doesn't hurt anything.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here