Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

No it has a clock

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Tech Support Update -  I just got a call from Comcast Tech Support and they escalated my case to the next level and found all of my services are running at the correct specs. So, they cancelled my tech appt for this afternoon.

Just checked Netflix and it's still stuttering like crazy.

Oh well, I'll wait for more from Comcast Morgan.

In the meantime, I'll watch Netflix on my Samsung Blu-ray.

BTW, the new 4K box does not have a clock on the front.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@mvyk wrote:

Tech Support Update -  I just got a call from Comcast Tech Support and they escalated my case to the next level and found all of my services are running at the correct specs. So, they cancelled my tech appt for this afternoon.

Just checked Netflix and it's still stuttering like crazy.

Oh well, I'll wait for more from Comcast Morgan.

In the meantime, I'll watch Netflix on my Samsung Blu-ray.

BTW, the new 4K box does not have a clock on the front.

==

It would have been wasted technician visit for sure. They are too quick to send a technician much of the time. The Netflix stutter is not localized so not sure why they would even want to dispatch a tech.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I too am experiencing the shutter ONLY on my Netflix viewing through comcast. If I watch through my Apple TV there's no issues. I noticed a lot of you started seeing this in november. Has anything changed? 

Problem Solver

• 

538 Messages

5 years ago

@bfranz3 wrote:

I too am experiencing the shutter ONLY on my Netflix viewing through comcast. If I watch through my Apple TV there's no issues. I noticed a lot of you started seeing this in november. Has anything changed? 

The only fix at the moment is to upgrade to a 4k DVR as mentioned by ComcastMorgan

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi Morgan,

I am having the same issue. Just had it installed at a new address and now have a stutter. Please resolve ASAP

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Yep, same stuttering problem for me, for months now. As with others, no problem streaming Netflix from my blu-ray player. X1 model XG1-A. I did the NetFlix Reset just now with no avail.

I'll watch this thread for a solution (other than getting the 4k box, which I will do if needed).

As a little test I streamed Amazon Prime for the first time today and it works great!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@gahender wrote:

Hi Morgan, 

How do we private message you? Is this the only way to resovle this issue? Tried contacting tech support through the multiple primary channels offered by Xfinity and they do not know about this issue or how to resolve it.

Thank you

you have to sign in the forum then click on the username. click the envelope for message this user.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi Morgan, 

How do we private message you? Is this the only way to resovle this issue? Tried contacting tech support through the multiple primary channels offered by Xfinity and they do not know about this issue or how to resolve it.

Thank you

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello everyone. We are well aware that the problem is only happening through your Netflix app on your X1 DVR only and not on other methods of streaming Netflix service. This is an ongoing investigation and it is no longer necessary to send me a private message or report that you're experiencing the issue as well. Tickets and service calls by technicians had previously been a necessary step in bringing awareness and exposure to this problem. That is how we got this far with it, we needed to gather enough information and we are at that point now. We know it is affecting a good amount of users on certain models of X1 DVR hubs. This is being looked at and replicated at a high level on our end, with our engineering team being involved. Please continue to be patient, as we are still working toward a fix for this. I will provide an update to you all here, once I receive additional information about this. Thank you. 

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Burlington Vermont - same problem - for weeks, if not months now.  SUPER annoying.  Please let us know when you have this problem figured out.  Going to drop our Netflix-via-Comcaxfinity subscription if it's not fixed soon.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

@CBChase wrote:

Burlington Vermont - same problem - for weeks, if not months now.  SUPER annoying.  Please let us know when you have this problem figured out.  Going to drop our Netflix-via-Comcaxfinity subscription if it's not fixed soon.

Also SUPER annoying is the fact that rank and file Comcast techs have not been made aware of this forum or this problem.  I received a call from a "Level 2" tech responding to an old repair ticket to see if my Netflix stutter (which they insist on calling buffering) had been resolved.  When I said it wasn't, she wanted to go through basic troubleshooting steps that I've been through multiple times before and kept repeating there are no reports of outtage in my area, as though that had anything to do with it.   I was unable to get her interested enough to check this forum.  I wish the Comcast staff here would make the wider Comcast workforce aware of the nature of the problem problem.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Your feedback is appreciated. I will be sure to pass it along. I will also continue to keep you all in the loop and update you along the way as I hear more about what you can expect next. Thank you. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

Okay it’s now 6 days into February. 3 months still no fix. This is an unprofessional and inexcusable delay in fixing a software issue that was created by Comcast. It took almost 3 months for Comcast to admit there was a problem. Will we be getting a prorated discount on our bill since Netflix is essentially unwatchable and for those of us who only have xfinity as a way to watch Netflix on our TVs what are we supposed to do?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@thunderwalker wrote:
Okay it’s now 6 days into February. 3 months still no fix. This is an unprofessional and inexcusable delay in fixing a software issue that was created by Comcast. It took almost 3 months for Comcast to admit there was a problem. Will we be getting a prorated discount on our bill since Netflix is essentially unwatchable and for those of us who only have xfinity as a way to watch Netflix on our TVs what are we supposed to do?

did you already upgrade to an xg1v4 cable set top box (DVR)?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here