Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I had a tech come out today to troubleshoot the Netflix stutter.  He checked everything, ran tests, called people and the issue still persisted.  He was about to give up but then decided to switch out  the X1 box with a 4k box as a last resort.  I had already had the non 4k box swapped out and the problem was still there.  Swapping out the X1 with a 4K box fixed the issue.  Just fyi, my TV is not 4K.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Same, 4k box is what I got last sunday. No issues

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

Same here.  Replaced XG1-A with XG1v4-A and no more stutters.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

So is the answer that we all have to make time for a tech to come out to give us a 4k box?  Seems like another solution is in order.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Or maybe Comcast could investigate what update broke the existing X1 boxes....

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Tooky61 wrote:

So is the answer that we all have to make time for a tech to come out to give us a 4k box?  Seems like another solution is in order.

There is another solution. They could send you a "self install" kit so you could install the 4K DVR yourself. If you should fail to get it to work with with only the usual cable-box install, you would be required to pay the charge to get the box installed properly.

I guess you need to decide if your current cable installation is good enough to meet the better signal required for 4K, or at least 1080p.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

Right answer!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Tooky61 wrote:
Right answer!!

Nope!

They are working on the problem with the older boxes.

Anyone can exchange their current DVR for the 4K DVR at no charge, and eliminate the problem now. Or they can do as I do and get the apps for 1080p (Blu-Ray quality), or 4K, or even 8K, for IPV (Broadband) using the apps found on my television. I don't currently need any X1 series of cable-boxes.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Can an offical Comcast employee give us a timeframe on a fix?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello all. Opening a ticket/request is the way we investigate things like this on the back-end when we've determined it's not yet a known issue declared by our engineers, etc. We can see here what a current workaround is, but we do not have a specific time frame on a fix for any previous firmware update to the equipment. If that changes, we will post an update here. Thank you. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

We are very pleased to hear that, Orampc. We're glad to hear about your positive experiences with us and we'll be happy to continue assisting you with your needs/concerns here going forward as well. 🙂

Pfrwatlans ~ Right now, we are still opening requests for further investigation. There is no firmware fix I have been made aware of coming down the pipeline just yet.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast Morgan: would you be able to confirm that a firmware fix is being worked on?

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I have to say that the customer service at Xfinity has been stellar.  I just switched from Directv to Xfinity for TV.  From the original techs that came out to the Comcast employees on this site, everyone has really tried hard to help me with the problem.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast  Morgan,

Thank you for your replies.  I am hesitant to open a ticket because I don't want to go through the whole "reboot your box, restart netflix" stuff and have a technician come out who won't be able to do anything about it (except I guess replace the box with a 4k?).    I can give you information and even include a video of the netflix app doing this.  I hope this is being looked in to.

I'm guessing that there won't be a whole lot of complaints about this because it can be subtle at times.  It's mostly noticeable when there is a lot of motion, like the camera panning or something moving across the screen.   I've caught it doing it most noticeably a couple times as a scene changes.  You'll see it change to scene Y, then suddenly it'll revert back to scene X for a frame or two, then back to scene Y again.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

that may be so, but I don't want to jump through hoops to get a new box that I don't need.  I'd just like to see the problem fixed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here