Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

you guys are killing it on the problem resolution. Asking which hardware is pointless because these ppl don't know what they have or what the model number is. "x1 dvr" "XG-1". They don't know that you need them to go to the about menu and list the correct number. Also, pushing out software upgrades you're only testing on current hardware is ridiculous. You should only be testing on the oldest hardware to ensure compatibility.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

There is several numbers in the About menu- none say “model number”. What number should i be listing?

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

The box I have I got it over the summer. So its fairly new.  Based on posts here. Swapping the box, having a tech coming out isn't going to fix it.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same issue, started a few weeks ago and not all shows. Shows where did occur: Narcos Mexico Season 1 Ep 1 - 11/16/18 7pm. Buster Scruggs - 11/21 8pm & 11/22. 8 pm Have performed all your steps and have: Model #: MX011ANM ~ Arris XG1 Serial #: M11426TEA094 Location: Baltimore

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

Same box here in NH.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Ok found the model number. It is: Model:AX013ANM

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing is happening to me in Delray Beach, FL. Just watched Narcos Mexico and there was a lot of video stutter. The audio was fine. This has been happening for many weeks now. I also have the same thing happen with on demand (Walking Dead). Regular TV and shows recorded on the DVR are fine. This is getting real irritating. My box is MX011ANC. I just did a line speed test and get 180 down and 12 up, so plenty of bandwidth.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

It only happens on my X1 box. I can watch Netflix on my computer, phone and tablet without any issues. As I mentioned, the problem also occurs with on demand content viewed through my X1 box. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi everyone. Netflix content on X1 does utilize the internet service. There can be problems with the Netflix application stemming from various signals levels at your premise. That would be something we would need to review on this end, by having you send me the private message with your name. It would also be helpful to know if this is occurring on one Netflix asset for you all, if it occurs on multiple Netflix assets, or if it occurs on all Netflix assets through the cable box app. Also, for those of you that mentioned having a technician out and still continue to experience this problem, was your technician scheduled out because of the Netflix issue specifically or because of something else? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Thanks, jaybfl. The X1 Netflix app video quality issues are completely separate from our regular video on demand platform and any quality issues that may be taking place there. Since you're experiencing both of those issues, it's an indication we're going to need to do some troubleshooting on your specific account and then likely send out a technician to your premise, depending on the result of that. You're welcome to send me a private message so we can get started. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

It only happens on the X1 DVR.  The XiD-P boxes we have work fine.  I even switched the DVR to the basement so I could move the XiD-P to the living room and the problem with the DVR is still there but the XiD-P now in the living room works fine.  I first had a tech out because I had a new install and one of the XiD-P boxes wouldn't register.  While there I had him look at the Netflix issue.  He said to wait a couple of days and it the problem did not go away, call his boss and they would come swap out the DVR.  They came a couple of days later and swapped out the box and the issue still persists.  

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

It doesn't sound like a technician has been able to help anyone else, so I am not going to waste my time. I just wanted to post to let Comcast know yet another person is having the problem in a completely different location.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

Its only happening with the Netflix app on the set top box and watching the dvr recordings from the old box on the new box. Any dvr recordings made on the new box and regular tv is fine. On my Smart TV streaming Netflix is fine.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm also experiencing the same issue on my X1 TV Box (XG1-A).  Video has been glitchy/jumpy for the past few weeks now and only occurs when watching Netflix through the Xfinity App.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello all ~ Please send the requested private message (with your name) so I can check the equipment signal strength at your premise and then potentially open a request to have this looked into further on our end. Thank you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here