Community Forum

fix hunt error code on dvr xfinity box

miguelerodrigue
New Poster

fix hunt error code on dvr xfinity box

What can l do to fix the hunt error sign on my additional dvr xfinity box that l’ve got from the store yesterday.
l’ve connected the first one no problem can you help me please
andyross
Silver Problem Solver

Re: fix hunt error code on dvr xfinity box

If it's an LED display that says something like "hunt", then I don't think it is X1, but is legacy. That error means it cannot find a signal. Is it replacing another box, or is it the first one used in a new location?

Rustyben
Expert

@andyross wrote:

If it's an LED display that says something like "hunt", then I don't think it is X1, but is legacy. That error means it cannot find a signal. Is it replacing another box, or is it the first one used in a new location?

only older X1 DVRs have a display at all. drop by your local Xfinity store for correct set top box.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
ComcastChe
Official Employee

Hi @miguelerodrigue! Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forum. @Rustyben is correct. If you are still in need of assistance, I'd be happy to ship a replacement model. Can you send me a private message with your first and last name, the numbers associated with your address, and the account holder's name if different from you? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!