darTTh_audi's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, May 17th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

commercial audio is too loud after system refresh

I had to do a system refresh and restart on my box yesterday and now the commercial audio is significantly louder than the regular programming.  How do I get tehm back to being equalized?

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

But I had no issue with the audio levels being equalized before this refresh.  Something has changed.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@darTTh_audi wrote:

But I had no issue with the audio levels being equalized before this refresh.  Something has changed.

the set top box is all digital. it knows nothing about content and does no adjusting/equalizing. any adjustments done has to be by your TV's circuits. Some TVs do have an audio menu that might include volume automatic leveling control.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@darTTh_audi wrote:

I had to do a system refresh and restart on my box yesterday and now the commercial audio is significantly louder than the regular programming.  How do I get tehm back to being equalized?

the set top box is only carrying streams, and it does not know the content. the audio levels are set at the production end. many commercials do used louder audio levels. there is no adjustment other than your mute or volume control.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

It's not your box, nor is it your TV.  It's Xfinity.  They're sending loud commercials.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Plus they are obnoxious on purpose-  terrible marketing strategy 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

They have the show volume real low.  I have to turn up the tv volume 3 times louder then all my other tv stuff. then when the commercial comes on my tv is blasting loud.

I live in a condo and this really would be bothering my neighbors so i just cant watch anything on the flex they gave me anymore accept my Netflix app.

They should really stop doing this. 

I thought the fcc made this illegal. the commercial volume has to be the same as the show or they can get fined I thought?

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Hello, @user_18d067! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that you are having issues with the loudness of the commercials. We would like to look into this, however, this is a really old thread that we will be closing. If you still want assistance with this, please start a new thread.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here