minitech's profile

Contributor

• 

237 Messages

Thursday, May 7th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Xi6 loses the 30 sec. skip

Past couple of months my Xi6 loses the 30 sec. skip code & reverts to the default 5 min. skip after lanching an app & playing content.To get it back you either have to restart or put to sleep,which will retore the 30 sec. code.Have tried system refresh & had my system checked & everthing is ok.This doesnt affect the XG1V4, only the IP box.No signal issues or wifi issues.Seems this started after IP tv was launched in my market.Plus you cant skip over ads via some on demand content anymore but can still do it with the XG1V4.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

237 Messages

4 years ago

Fixed myself, Disabled band steering on my xb6 & not only cured the problem but made the box snappier.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Hi...can you explian your fix and how to do it. I'm having the same issue where the 30 second skip only works on live tv. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

237 Messages

4 years ago

You have to log in to your xfinity account & select wifi settings & opt in 2 ssid settings by changing the 5g name & add something to it & the same for the 2.4 g, for example xi6-5g, xi6-2.4g & you can use the same password for both.If you do that you will have to reconnect your wireless devices except for the xi6.This is not a perminent fix but i have not had any problems since.I have read that band steering isnt quite 100% acrurate yet.Band steering is when both bands share the same ssid.I have called comcast back in march about this issue & nothing yet, it seems thats when i started having that issue but before march no problems.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I searched band steering after I sent my reply and saw how it’s done. I already have different names for the two bands but the same password so I assume this won’t work for me unless I missed something else. We use the skip all the time for recorded or restarts / on demand. I just setup the new Xi6 box a couple of days ago. The 30 skip works when watching live tv...just a bit frustrating...thanks again.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Update... I went into Device Settings on the Xi6 box and did a “Sync DVR” to sync recordings and Irealized I never restarted the Xi6 after setting the 30 second skip. I restarted the box and the skip is now working. 🤓

Contributor

• 

237 Messages

4 years ago

yes, rebooting the xi6 will restore the 30 sec skip code but looses it after opening any app & playing content for 25 min. or longer, then you have to reboot the tv box again. Since i split the 2 bands i had that problem again plus you don't want to turn on the cec hdmi control in the pwr settings because when you exit an app youl get a blank screen until you push last & select a last watched content.Hope they fix all these bugs.

Contributor

• 

237 Messages

4 years ago

meant to say haven't had that problem after splitting the bands.

Contributor

• 

237 Messages

3 years ago

Well just switched to all IP with xi6 boxes only, no xg1 box.Now all the temp fixes for the loss of 30 sec skip code after launching an app wont work anymore, keep in mind this only happens after you open an app then go back to cable tv.This whole deal started back a few months ago & never had this problem before.Something has had to change such as all IP service maybe.You may ask just use the XG1V4, well the image quality is not as good, not as snappy, no HDR support on youtube, that's why.Come on Comcast fix it.

Contributor

• 

237 Messages

3 years ago

Swapped my xb6 for a xb7(xb7t, technicolor) & 30 sec. skip problem went away, why you ask because it only allowed 2.4g connection.With the 2.4g connection you wont have any 30 sec. skip issues with the xi6.this i already knew but the 5g connection is much better for some apps.The xb6 for some reason will connect your xi6 to the 5g band by default thus problems with the 30 sec. skip code.Would like Comcast to still fix this issue so we can use the 5g for our ip boxes.

Contributor

• 

237 Messages

3 years ago

To sum up i have had no issues with my XI6 box since i replaced my XB6 with a XB7 gateway.Seems the XB3 will not cause any issues either just the XB6 gateway.Why didn't you swap gateways earlier you ask, well i didn't qualify until Comcast upped our speed tier recently.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for making us aware of this, minitech. We have passed along your observation/feedback!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here