Oz5's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 26th, 2019 5:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity apps saying “requires Xfinity internet”

I have internet, the WiFi works, and I’m able to browse on demand. For whatever reason, all of the apps saying that I don’t have internet. Tried to call Xfinity and it was resolved. I have 3 boxes in the apartment connected to 3 different TVs and it’s happening to all.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Oz5 wrote:
Just home service and same modem.

do you have the X1 video/internet service? have at least one installed set top box working in the home?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Just home service and same modem.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Oz5 wrote:
I have internet, the WiFi works, and I’m able to browse on demand. For whatever reason, all of the apps saying that I don’t have internet. Tried to call Xfinity and it was resolved. I have 3 boxes in the apartment connected to 3 different TVs and it’s happening to all.

is this a mixture of business and home service? did you recently change your gateway/modem for a different one? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Ya and it’s only recently stopped working within the last few days. None of the boxes are allowing connectivity to apps, everything else works fine.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same exact thing happened to me a couple days ago. Were you able to get it resolved?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Oz5 wrote:
Ya and it’s only recently stopped working within the last few days. None of the boxes are allowing connectivity to apps, everything else works fine.

an official comcast employee will usually reply withing 72 hours or you can call 800-comcast and select billing and ask that your account username be set to only point to your current address/account and ask for an deep background account refresh. you might want to check first using the my account app, internet tab, that the shown modem serial number matches the label on your gateway modem's hfc MAC address. if not, ask the billing agent to update that information, too.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here