Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

@tleschuck wrote:

I have my XG1v4 hooked up to my 4K AVR. I have set the resolution tp 2160p60 4K UHD.

However; I find the XG1v4 resets itself to 720p HD.  How can I get the box to stay at 4K?

Do I need to hook it directly to the 4K TV?  I can't do this as my TV is not ARC compatible.

Are all of your ports on the AVR 4K compatible? On some not all ports are...

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have my XG1v4 hooked up to my 4K AVR. I have set the resolution tp 2160p60 4K UHD.

However; I find the XG1v4 resets itself to 720p HD.  How can I get the box to stay at 4K?

Do I need to hook it directly to the 4K TV?  I can't do this as my TV is not ARC compatible.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

@tleschuck wrote:

When you hook it up directly to the tv does it change? I've never never seen a box change resolution by itself, is it the settings in the cable box that are changing or are you seeing it on your  AVR or on the tv itself

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Yes all on back are.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

The change is infrequent.  No pattern.  I haven't tried directly into the TV as the sound would be awful.

The change is in the cable box.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Please enable my PM so that I can request a 4k box

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@sachmad1 wrote:
Please enable my PM so that I can request a 4k box

by posting here, you have enabled PM feature.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable pm feature.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I would like to be able to watch my Ultra HD Netflix subscription on my X1 box. If this new box will allow this I would like to know how I can upgrade.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

The v4 box does allow it as long as you have a Netflix premium subscription that allows for the UHD.  However, after trying it with my box and also directly using my smart TV, I still found the streaming directly on my TV to look and perform better...FYI.  At least for me, this was true.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello,

I would like to request one of the new boxes to replace my current one.  Please let me know how i can proceed. Thank you !

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

@finnegan7678 wrote:
No I actually read every post on all 11 pages but I understand why you asked since this is a question already asked. Many say they've had what I had which is lots of calls to Comcast saying not available or not knowing what I'm asking for exists. Others have mentioned only new customers are receiving them or only via professional install.
I was hoping maybe some people would share they are having success getting the XG1v4 in some areas as existing customers. Same thing I am hoping to hear about the XB6 soon.
I called Colmcast on Tuesday, 5/11 to add an XG1v4 to my system. UPS dropped it off this evening and I have it installed.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Not possible to PM regarding a 4K box. Why is this so complicated?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here