Community Forum

Xfinity DVR refusing to record shows

Triplea916
Contributor

Re: Xfinity DVR refusing to record shows

@d_camp - I hope that completely resolves your issue. I recently did that as well and it temporarily fixed it but the issues were back within 24-36 hours.

When you have these issues are you unable to stream as well (either using the Stream app or tv.xfinity.com) and if you go into your account when you're having the DVR issue, are all your cable boxes and modems missing in there as well? I'm trying to see if the issue I've had since November is the same one you're having.

Ellett
New Poster

After two days, the problem "magically" fixed itself with no action at our end. I'm guessing a tech at Comcast did a reset on our account.

To whoever fixed it, thanks!
blondie131
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity DVR refusing to record "some" shows

I am having this same issue!  I am in PA, so this seems to be AN ONGOING issue that they HAVE YET TO ACTUALLY FIX!  What good is paying for the DVR service when it works only SOMETIMES!  I will be calling about that as well.

peterkendall
Frequent Visitor

I have a "similar" problem. I had an ongoing scheduled recording for a show (The Waltons) on the Hallmark Channel. It suddenly stopped automatically recording episodes about five days ago.

Contrary to others' experiences on this thread, I can manually record individual  future episodes by highlighting the episode on the channel grid/program guide, pressing on the red button and selecting single episode. And, that single-recorded episode will show a red dot next to it on the channel grid/program guide, just as you would expect, and the program will be recorded and stream when I want to view it.

However,  every time I program it to record all episodes (new and rerun) with no limit to their number and saving all episodes, it no longer "takes." That is, none of the future episodes on the channel grid show a red dot, which would evidence they will be recorded. 

I have tried reprogramming and rebooting numerous times, but no success. What do I do now?

blondie131
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I found that to be true. This is a real issue!

blondie131
Frequent Visitor

I have contacted Tech Support and had them do an "ACCOUNT RESET"... this seemed to have worked so far.

ComcastChe
Official Employee

Hi @ctrose12! Sorry for the experience you were having. I wanted to check in to see if this has been resolved yet? If not, please send me a private message with your full name (and the account holder's name if different from you) and the numbers associated with your service address. To send me a private message, click on my name, "ComcastChe," and then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
aanieto2013
New Poster

This is still an ongoing issue for me. I restarted my DVR. I have a show that has been set to record for a very long time and it will not record anymore. I caused it to cancel recording and re-record but it will not record no matter what I do.
Gcallis
New Poster

If it resolved why am I not able to record shows... getting the same red circle with line through it...
blondie131
Frequent Visitor

Have tech support do an account reset...if it doesn't work the first time have them do it again until you are able to record a series...It took 3 times for the tech support person until it worked.

ComcastMartinR
Official Employee

Hello, aanieto2013! Thank you so much for all of your patience! If you are still having a concern with your DVR service please send us a Private Message, so we can help. Please include your full name, and service address. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartinR" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.  

Thank you! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
ComcastEmilyS
Official Employee

Hey there, @Gcallis! Thank you for taking the time to bring your DVR issue to our attention. I love recording my favorite shows so I can watch them at my convenience. I'd be frustrated in your position and I'd like to take a look at what's going on. Please send me a Private Message with your name and the street number in your address so I can help. To send a private message, click my name " ComcastEmilyS", then click "send a message".

fosteram
New Poster

I was having the same issue for a while now.  Noticed it with one of my daytime talk shows that I record and just blew it off, but then yesterday I noticed that my list of Thursday night shows wasn't showing as scheduled to record.  I just recently got a new box because my previous one had just stopped working.  So you with the new and old box I had the issue. 

However, I seem to have been able to correct the problem by doing a Restart and/or a System Reset by going into Settings and scrolling down to Help.  Under Help I did a Restart I believe like 2 times and I did the System Refresh 1 time.  Not sure which one solved the issue.  Now my shows are showing as they should under Scheduled.  

Hopefully, this is a permanent and not temporary fix.  I will be back to update if I continue to have issues.  

Denise41
New Poster

How did you fix this problem. I am experiencing the exact same issue. I go through the steps to set up a recording and all of the steps go normally. But then when I go to the “Saved” and “Scheduled” the recording isn’t there. Help!
ComcastStarr
Official Employee

Hi, @Denise41, I hate to hear you're having issues with your DVR. I rely on mine heavily to catch up on all my shows throughout the week. lease send me a Private Message with your name and your address so I can help. To send a private message, click my name " ComcastStarr", then click "send a message".

BZettler
Regular Visitor

Do not let them tell you they do not know about this problem.  It is NATIONWIDE and they know about it and have known about it since November.  They just refuse to tell their techs about it.  Probably because they know an ACCOUNT RESET is needed and that's a lot of work.  I have spent so many hours on the phone (with some very nice folks who do not have any idea what's going on) with different Xfinity employees.  Three (very nice) techs who have no clue about the problem have come to my home.  My DVR has been replaced.  They "fix" the issue and it lasts a maxium of 48-72 hours and comes back.  I am beyond frustrated.  Xfinity is taking our money and not providing the product  they sell - DVR recording services.  I have reported it to the FTC fraud dept. as well as the Attorney General's office in my state (GA).  I don't know what else to do. I've asked everyone I talk to if they can do an account reset.  They say they can't, but will "escalate" the issue.  Then I'm just told "it's fixed", but it's not.  Never any real follow up.  I would cancel my account, but would be charged the early cancellation fee.  Angry doesn't begin to describe it!!! 

Bobby Zettler

Canton, GA

lazyman4908
Regular Visitor

I’ve done everything you have suggested and the problem still continues.
laurad99
Regular Visitor

This is also happening to me. After hours on the phone and arguing because they want me to get new boxes, Comcast has stated it is an issue on their end. Customers should not have to argue about a well-known issue. When will this be fixed???
laurad99
Regular Visitor

Now they changed their minds. Not a back-end issue anymore. They are back to insisting it’s me. Two hours on so far and no help.
lazyman4908
Regular Visitor

The good folks at Comcast solved my problem by doing an account/system refresh from their end.
lazyman4908
Regular Visitor

Here is a copy/paste of the message I received:
ComcastJeniece
‎02-15-2021 02:35 PM
I appreciate you being the eyes on the box and providing those details! I would like to send over an account refresh to see if that helps with the issues you are having with recording. I went ahead and sent over those refresh signals. Are you able to verify if you are still experiencing the same issue?
ComcastBrie
Official Employee

Hi @laurad99! We can perform a system reset and refresh on your device, this usually clears most communication issues with the X1 system. Could you send me a private message including your first and last name and the numbers associated with your service address. To send me a private message, click on "ComcastBrie," and then click send a message.