annv1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 21st, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity DVR refusing to record shows

11/23/20 - Editing to add that I'm in the Seattle area, and this does seem linked to stations no longer appearing under the Guide as 'Free to Me', even though they are part of my cable package.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My DVR is refusing to record some shows and I'm unable to determine why.  For example, when using the Guide and attempting to record a show, it will go through the steps and appear that it is going to record, but then the Guide will have a red no entry (a red circle with a slash through it) symbol next to the show.  This is what I've tried:

• There are no other shows scheduled at the same time, so its not a conflict issue. 
  • My DVR is 37% full and should have plenty of space. 
  • I've tried going in and removing future scheduled shows temporarily to see if its because the DVR is anticipating being full, but this made no difference.  However, I was able to re-add these particular shows. 
  • Multiple times I've done a Restart/System Refresh/actually unplugging the DVR
  • Issue is the same whether I'm using the xfinity remote or the xfinity phone app
  • The initial show I was trying to record was the series "Black Narcissus" on FXHD.  Once that failed, I tried recording the episodes manually.  Once that failed I tried recording random shows on different HD channels from the Guide - most of these failed as well with different stations, different times, but I can't figure out why as this seems random - no scheduling conficts.  
  • I have the series "Fargo" on FXHD on schedule and it has been recording it fine, but looking at the episode scheduled for tomorrow (11/22) it is not listed on the 'to be recorded' list.  When I look up the series under 'Upcoming' the future 2 episodes are listed with the icon of 3 red circles with the top circle being the open red circle with the slash through it, so they do not look like they will record.  

Anything else I'm missing for troubleshooting?  It really just seems to not be working properly.

Thank you.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here as well. What’s going on??!! I’m paying for a service that isn’t working.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem began for me two days ago - very frustrating and so far no answers from Xfinity. Rebooted DVR twice, plenty of available space, constantly getting red circle with line through it and unable to record. Anyone getting any answers? Thanks!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue. I called Tech Support and they have no clue what is going on; they had me restart my X1 box, but nothing. I explained to the rep that this likely has to do with some licensing issue with movies or shows or something that changed at Comcast without notifying customers. Very frustrating. Over 1 hour on the phone without help. One wasted hour that I'll never get back!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Exact same problem.

I noticed that the program guide for "free to me" does not have all of my channels, I cannot record on channels that do not appear on my "free" list, even though I can watch them.

Can someone verify if this is the case for you?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We are having the exaxt same issues. Everything recorded fine on Friday night. Then my recordings on Saturday morning did not work. All future recordings have vanished other than Fox and CBS.

When you try to record you get the red cancel recording symbol instead. Then when you try to watch on the computer it says I need to subscribe to channels I already pay for?? Get your act together Comcast!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the EXACT same problem since Saturday, November 22nd! I have been trying to record Hallmark channel movies even two weeks from now and it still won't record! Getting the record symbol with a line through it. Same with Lifetime and FX channels. I called Comcast and they tried to reboot it and send signals like five times! I got so fustrated and started yelling at the tech because he kept asking me what the problem was and kept asking me to check the tv. Such a waste of time. I am so mad. The worse time to not be able to record all of the holiday movies.  You can never depend on them for anything!!

Please if anyone can figure this out, please let us all know!!

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

3 years ago

Same here. Can't record anything. Guide acting funny not showing many channels. Have to select all channels to see them. Stream app only shows local channels. Things are pretty messed up. Tech support doesn't seem to know what's going on. Did get someone who finally said they have a huge outage that messed everything up Friday.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem.

I suspect there was an software update that caused the problem for all of us.

I hope they get it fixed soon!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm having the smae problem, all my pre reocrded shows have disappeared and I have the red circle with a line through it and cannot set them to record. I guess I will call Xfinity tomorrow morning.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem.

In last TWO days, the record button on my DVR will not record any channels except local broadcast stations. The cancelled icon (red circle with line) appears in the guide. Previously scheduled shows on NON-local channels do not appear in scheduled list anymore.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

We're having the same issue - seems like a bug was introduced in a recent update.  Hope Xfinity releases a fix very soon - currently not able to fully use services we're paying for.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem.  Started Friday 11/21/2020.   Seattle.  Also can only stream just a few channels on iPad.  Please fix!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same here in Lafayette Colorado. Noticed it Saturday, contacted Xfinity on Sunday, they said they had fixed it but still have the problem.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same here!!! Need answers xfinity!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Same here.  Philly Suburbs, Souderton PA.

60 minutes recorded but a bunch of other programs have the forbidden circle and are not recording.

Same as above, no conflicts, plenty of space, system restarts (from app and hard boots), yada-yada-yada

sidenote: We also cannot watch showtime anytime on roku sticks.  When we go to activate devices it, we enter the code, then login with xfinity and it takes us to a page that says we need to purchase showtime when we have it in our package and are able to watch on boxes or stream app.  just posting incase it is related.

one more edit as it is an important point that someone else mentioned.  Only network shows are recording (CBS/NBC/ABC).  If i go to scheduled recordings the only thing i see scheduled are Jeopardy (ABC) and Nightly News (NBC) as well as 60 minutes (CBS).  The dozens of other schelduled recording are not showing up under scheduled.  When I manually check them they all all have the forbidden red circle.  FYI

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here