Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Contributor

ARRIS XG1v4

is there a way to find out if the Xfinity Store here in Flint, MI has the ARRIS XG1v4 in store
Expert

Re: 4K UHD Service and Availability


@sb80 wrote:

I replaced my regular hd x1 dvr with the 4k dvr and now I have an additional $19.95 charge on my bill?  Why?  I was told no extra change when I got the box, and I read it again in this thread.


did you swap out in a Comcast store? or by delivery? if you look at your equipment using the Xfinity My Account app, TV tab, does it show the old set top box there? If it was swapped out by delivery (ups, etc) they will credit you for the 2nd box when it is entered into the warehouse system with credit back to remove the extra charge.

New Poster

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Newby, posting to enable PM feature.

New Poster

delete a program scheduled to record on DVR from my PC

I am out of state and want to delete programs that are scheduled to be recorded on my DVR at home.  There is not obvious way to accomplish this remotely from my PC.  Am I missing something?

Expert

Re: delete a program scheduled to record on DVR from my PC


@bogyhi wrote:

I am out of state and want to delete programs that are scheduled to be recorded on my DVR at home.  There is not obvious way to accomplish this remotely from my PC.  Am I missing something?


at this time, you can't do that from the PC (Comcast is working on resolving legal issues)

New Poster

set record from laptop

Can I schedule a recording on my Xfinity even if I am not home?  

 

Regular Visitor

Re: 4K UHD Service and Availability

No 4k boxes in Denver.....will need to PM you for shipping..

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Atrana, from my research, that's my thinking too.  If Xfinity doesn't have many 4k programming, then why get the box.  also, I have another question.  I currently have cable and internet (150mb) with X.  However, Google Fiber is available in my condo complex and is offer the 1gb at the same price for my current internet - 150mb.

 

I read on other sites that to get 4k with Xfinity, I need to subscribe to cable AND internet.  Is that true?  Not sure why I would need Xfinity internet??  Thanks.

Expert

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability


@Schwack wrote:

Atrana, from my research, that's my thinking too.  If Xfinity doesn't have many 4k programming, then why get the box.  also, I have another question.  I currently have cable and internet (150mb) with X.  However, Google Fiber is available in my condo complex and is offer the 1gb at the same price for my current internet - 150mb.

 

I read on other sites that to get 4k with Xfinity, I need to subscribe to cable AND internet.  Is that true?  Not sure why I would need Xfinity internet??  Thanks.


you can subscribe to the non-X1 legacy xfinity TV service with or without a DVR and have a different internet provider. the X1 minimum package is TV and internet.

Expert

Re: 4K UHD Service and Availability


@Schwack wrote:

No 4k boxes in Denver.....will need to PM you for shipping..


not sure to whom or to which post you are replying.

New Poster

I need an X1v4

I converted from Dish to Xfinity last week since the cost of Dish plus WiFi for Amazon Prime and Hulu was more than Xfinity. However, the old X1 box I received is extremely noisy--sounds like a jet plane spinning up. Extremely annoying. My local Xfinity store (Colorado Springs) says they don't have any Arris X1v4 boxes and cannot notify me when one comes in. How can I get one? Otherwise, I'm going back to Dish!!

Official Employee

Re: I need an X1v4

Thanks for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post! We are glad you're here.

 

Hi Roger17. I can assist with getting an XG1v4 sent out to you via self install kit. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi posting for PM feature
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

I am still unable to see the PM feature. Can someone let me know how I can order a 4K box.
Expert

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability


@jweight4 wrote:
I am still unable to see the PM feature. Can someone let me know how I can order a 4K box.

did you go to the upper right corner of the web page and sign in before messaging?

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

...posting to enable PM feature...

 
 
ZAdriaens
New Poster

New XG1v4 Box

I noticed some people are receiving the new boxes via mail. How can I get the bew boxes and remotes ? Can I just go to the service center and exchange them ?
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

@jweight4 - I got your message, thanks. 

New Poster

4k service

Does Fairfield, Ca have 4k service or the new dvr boxes available. I cant seem to find anything on the xfinity website!

Expert

Re: ARRIS XG1v4


@Ord535 wrote:
is there a way to find out if the Xfinity Store here in Flint, MI has the ARRIS XG1v4 in store

no

Expert

Re: 4k service


@chansford wrote:

Does Fairfield, Ca have 4k service or the new dvr boxes available. I cant seem to find anything on the xfinity website!


the only 4k (UHD) content currently available is via Netflix app on the X1 set top box.

Frequent Visitor

Re: ARRIS XG1v4

When I was at the flint store a month and a half ago , they didn't know anything about the XG1v4 box .

Ella hooked me up  with my box on here , everything went real smooth and she saved me money .

New Poster

Requesting a new Xg1v4 box.

requesting a new Xg1v4 box. was told to leave a new post to receive a box. 

Expert

Re: Requesting a new Xg1v4 box.


@NIck_from_PDX wrote:

requesting a new Xg1v4 box. was told to leave a new post to receive a box. 


you can now scroll back to 6/8/2018 post 'above" by @ComcastJoeTru and follow the directions there.

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I live in the Charleston SC area. Am I now able to trade in my older X1 box for a XG1v4?

New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

posting so i can PM??? i hope

I need the xi5 wireless box and my local does not have any. Can I order online somewhere or do I have to PM somebody?

thanks in advance.

Jim

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hello.

 

@Rlc1606 - Feel free to send me a private message with your account information (full name, the account holder's name, address, phone/account number) and I will ship you a 4K DVR. 

 

@jimcraun - At this time, the Xi5 device cannot be requested by the customer and it's not available via Self-Install Kits. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Would like to request an XG1v4 4k box to replace a companion box I have. Putting a 4k TV in its place.

Expert

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box


@thesauves1 wrote:

Would like to request an XG1v4 4k box to replace a companion box I have. Putting a 4k TV in its place.


hi, follow the directions to PM the Comcast employee in the post just before your post. you have to sign in (top right corner of the web page) before you can PM (private message)

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Posting to enable pm
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

I too would like to swap out my Xfinity X1 box for the new 4K box. PM me and I can provide my details

Expert

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability


@ntsu82 wrote:

I too would like to swap out my Xfinity X1 box for the new 4K box. PM me and I can provide my details


scroll back up to the 6/12/2018 post in this thread from @ComcastElla and PM her by clicking on her username. you must be logged in to PM (upper right corner of the web page).

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Thanks!

New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Post.

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi, posting to enable PM feature to request the  XG1v4 TV Box.

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Posting to enable PM.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hi, posting to enable PM feature to request the  XG1v4 TV Box. TIA

Regular Visitor

Re: 4K UHD Set Top Box

Posting so I can PM @ComcastElla too

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hello All,

I'm a bit confused by the worry over looking at Netflix in 4K on the Comcast cable box.  All 4K LG OLED TV's  - and most 4K TV's in general - will stream 4K from Amazon, Netflix, YouTube & Hulu right out of the box - just connect it to your WiFi or plug in a network cable, go to the appropriate app, and register your TV.  
I think the underlying question is "when will Comcast broadcast general television content in 4K?".  Does anyone know about Comcast's plans to do that?  [Or is 4K broadcast TV happening already without fanfare?]  For me that would be the real driver to have the XG1v4 box.  I feel like I want to have one just to be ready.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability


@MikeToz wrote:

Hello All,

I'm a bit confused by the worry over looking at Netflix in 4K on the Comcast cable box.  All 4K LG OLED TV's  - and most 4K TV's in general - will stream 4K from Amazon, Netflix, YouTube & Hulu right out of the box - just connect it to your WiFi or plug in a network cable, go to the appropriate app, and register your TV.  
I think the underlying question is "when will Comcast broadcast general television content in 4K?".  Does anyone know about Comcast's plans to do that?  [Or is 4K broadcast TV happening already without fanfare?]  For me that would be the real driver to have the XG1v4 box.  I feel like I want to have one just to be ready.  


That's why I got one,  just to be ready.  

Expert

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability


@MikeToz wrote:

Hello All,

I'm a bit confused by the worry over looking at Netflix in 4K on the Comcast cable box.  All 4K LG OLED TV's  - and most 4K TV's in general - will stream 4K from Amazon, Netflix, YouTube & Hulu right out of the box - just connect it to your WiFi or plug in a network cable, go to the appropriate app, and register your TV.  
I think the underlying question is "when will Comcast broadcast general television content in 4K?".  Does anyone know about Comcast's plans to do that?  [Or is 4K broadcast TV happening already without fanfare?]  For me that would be the real driver to have the XG1v4 box.  I feel like I want to have one just to be ready.  


other than a few low power stations doing testing, broadcasters don't broadcast in 4k in USA. The articles i've read point out that it is more likely that they wait until 8k or more and next generation of broadcast TV is decided which will cause consumers to need new set television equipment or a converter box to be able to use older equipment. the Streaming sources don't 'broadcast' so they have no barrier other than 'minimum' of HDCP 2.2 to protect the 4k stream. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

I tried to find one of the XG1v4 locally to no avail. Will PM @ComcastElla as stated in previous posts.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Yes, I reached out to ComcastElla - one of the most knowledgeable employees at Comcast for sure.  

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi, I am having a lot of trouble upgrading to a new 4k DVR box, I went all the way to the store with my old box and then they tell me they don't have any. Is there any other way I can recieve this box?? Please help. Thank you.
Expert

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability


@Grandmaster420 wrote:
Hi, I am having a lot of trouble upgrading to a new 4k DVR box, I went all the way to the store with my old box and then they tell me they don't have any. Is there any other way I can recieve this box?? Please help. Thank you.

scroll back up to the 6/12/2018 post in this thread from @ComcastElla and PM her by clicking on her username. you must be logged in to PM (upper right corner of the web page).

New Poster

Re: I need an X1v4

I attempted to reach out via pm but it doesnt work and I would really like the 4k box is there also a 4k companion box?

Expert

Re: I need an X1v4


@lunarklypse wrote:

I attempted to reach out via pm but it doesnt work and I would really like the 4k box is there also a 4k companion box?


since you have made a post now your PM function may be working. be sure to login at the upper right corner before attempting to PM

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi posting for PM feature