Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Expert

Re: 4K UHD Service and Availability

@angieb359 wrote:

I called Comcast in November 2017 to get the new 4K cable box, I asked if I could go into the office to pick it up and I was told no because they did not have the new boxes in the office yet.  After the box was shipped out I called for a tech to come out and set the box up.  When the tech came out he said that he had never seen this new equiment before.  He got me all set-up but I still didn't have 4K on my TV.  I called Comcast back again and then I was told that their was not any 4K service in the area, but it will be in a few months.  I called back in the first of March and was told that we will have it April 8th and to just call back yet again to make sure my TV was all set-up correct.  I called back on April 9 2018 and was told that we don't have 4K and will not have it any time soom.  I live in Gadsden, AL

Hi, scroll b ack a few post to @ComcastElla 's post above and follow her directions.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

For some reason, I can't PM her.  Is there some trick to enabling PM features?

Official Employee

Hi, Biggen12 - I enabled your PM feature, please let me know if you still have issues. 

Regular Visitor

Does posting allow me to PM? Testing...

Regular Visitor

XG1v4 and Xi5 availibility

Are those boxes availible in the Seattle-Tacoma area, if not, when could we be expecting them?
New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi, posting to enable pm feature.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I’d like the new XG1v4 box!
Expert

@MLanclos wrote:
I’d like the new XG1v4 box!

go to (link) , a post in this same thread and follow the directions there (PM to @ComcastElla.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Regular Visitor

also posting to enable pm feature

New Poster

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

Hello, may I please have my pm enabled so I may give you my account information to get the ball rolling on this?
Official Employee

Hi, ChristianHartis - Your PM feature is already enabled. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me

Frequent Visitor

Question for you. I'm in the same place where I have an X1 HD box and New LG Oled. However why do we want the 4k box when the Netflix app built into our smart TVs will output at 4k? Is there an additional benefit I'm missing? If our channels were 4k I would need the new box instantly but that is not the case. I'm just trying to figure this out. Thanks.
Expert

@Atrana23 wrote:
Question for you. I'm in the same place where I have an X1 HD box and New LG Oled. However why do we want the 4k box when the Netflix app built into our smart TVs will output at 4k? Is there an additional benefit I'm missing? If our channels were 4k I would need the new box instantly but that is not the case. I'm just trying to figure this out. Thanks.

others may have more to add but my thought is you are correct. the only content so far is the Olympic on-demand 4k offerings and netflix. but if you have a set top box on your 4k tv, why not upgrade so when sources are added (if added?) for 4k you are ready to go. it is all the same price.

New Poster

I want a 4K box, you're able to get me one? 

Expert

@cgraubard wrote:

I want a 4K box, you're able to get me one? 

scroll up and click on @ComcastElla's name (in red) and select direct message her. send your full name, address, account number and that you want a 4k DVR.

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable pm
Regular Visitor

Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I would like the Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box self-install kit sent to me.

This post (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-XG1v4-TV-Box/td-p/2907630) says to create a new post in this forum to request one.

I live in the Boston area.

What other information do you need for me to procure the XG1V4 Box?

Tim

New Poster

Post for PM

Regular Visitor

XFINITY X1 4K CABLE BOX REQUEST

I WAS WONDERING HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTING ONE OF THE NEW XFINITY X1 4K CABLE BOXES SENT TO ME. I LIVE IN PLYMOUTH PA WHICH IS IN NORTHEAST PA AND THE CLOSEST XFINITY STORE TO ME IS IN SCRANTON. I SEEN IN A THREAD TO JUST MAKE THIS POST N PM COMCAST ELLA FOR HELP

Regular Visitor

ELLA i was hoping you could help me with getting one of the new x1 4k cable boxes sent to my home. i live in plymouth pa which is northeast pa and the closest store is in scranton over 35miles away from me so i was wondering if you could have 1 shipped to me if i give you my info i tried to click on message you but it wont allow me to pm you.

i would appreciate any help you can give with this

Official Employee

Re: XFINITY X1 4K CABLE BOX REQUEST

@DRSQUBA - I replied to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Regular Visitor

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

posting in enable PM

Regular Visitor

Can I request a XG1v4 self install kit to replace my current XG1-P unit?
Expert

@BAiosa wrote:
Can I request a XG1v4 self install kit to replace my current XG1-P unit?

see this link for instructions. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3076226/hi...

New Poster

Can I please request one of these boxes. I have a 4K TV with HDR but only have the 1080P DVR currently
Expert

@jrccomputer wrote:
Can I please request one of these boxes. I have a 4K TV with HDR but only have the 1080P DVR currently

please follow the link in the post immediately before this post.

Regular Visitor

please enable my PM feature...i would like 4k box too. thanks  @comcastella
New Poster

Posting to enable PM feature.  Thanks

New Poster

XG1v4

How do I get the XG1v4 device?
Expert

Re: XG1v4

@Arcane0061 wrote:
How do I get the XG1v4 device?

follow directions in this post http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3068333/hi...

New Poster

Hi, posting to enable PM feature
New Poster

Please enable my PM so that I can request a 4k box
Expert

@sachmad1 wrote:
Please enable my PM so that I can request a 4k box

by posting here, you have enabled PM feature.

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

I would like to be able to watch my Ultra HD Netflix subscription on my X1 box. If this new box will allow this I would like to know how I can upgrade.
Regular Visitor

The v4 box does allow it as long as you have a Netflix premium subscription that allows for the UHD.  However, after trying it with my box and also directly using my smart TV, I still found the streaming directly on my TV to look and perform better...FYI.  At least for me, this was true.

New Poster

Hello,

I would like to request one of the new boxes to replace my current one.  Please let me know how i can proceed. Thank you !

New Poster

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

@finnegan7678 wrote:
No I actually read every post on all 11 pages but I understand why you asked since this is a question already asked. Many say they've had what I had which is lots of calls to Comcast saying not available or not knowing what I'm asking for exists. Others have mentioned only new customers are receiving them or only via professional install.
I was hoping maybe some people would share they are having success getting the XG1v4 in some areas as existing customers. Same thing I am hoping to hear about the XB6 soon.
I called Colmcast on Tuesday, 5/11 to add an XG1v4 to my system. UPS dropped it off this evening and I have it installed.

New Poster

Not possible to PM regarding a 4K box. Why is this so complicated?

New Poster

I very much wish to upgrade to this box. 

How do I get that to happen?

Thanks

Expert

@bearmanchester wrote:

I very much wish to upgrade to this box. 

How do I get that to happen?

Thanks

follow the directions in @ComcastElla's post of 4/19 (scroll up).

Official Employee

If anyone is having trouble PMing still, let me know. 

KenF

New Poster

Re: 4K X1 box

Will be sending you a PM for a box! Thanks

Regular Visitor

I'm new to the forum and would like help getting a 4K DVR box (XG1v4?).  Can you please enable PM for me so that I can provide you or ComcastElla with the information you need to send a box to me?  Thanks so much!

dgtobin1

Official Employee

dgtobin1, by posting publicly, you enable yourself to send a private message. Send your request to either me or Ella. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

posting to enable pm feature

Regular Visitor

Also posting to enable pm's

Frequent Visitor

I replaced my regular hd x1 dvr with the 4k dvr and now I have an additional $19.95 charge on my bill?  Why?  I was told no extra change when I got the box, and I read it again in this thread.