Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Expert

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

@briggles wrote:

I just upgraded my service and was sent a MX011ANM. Is it possible for me to request an upgrade to a XG1v4?

I called 1800comcast and was able to have one shipped to me for $14.95.  I sent the XG1v1 back in the packing box.

Regular Visitor

How do I order a 4K cable box?

Expert

Re: 4k

@Chicko191 wrote:

How do I order a 4K cable box?

scroll up to the 3/4 post by @ComcastElla and follow the directions in the post.

Frequent Visitor

I keep on asking about this, but every Comcast employee does not know what  i am talking about. They tell me that there is no such device.

Expert

@Mandown2007 wrote:

I keep on asking about this, but every Comcast employee does not know what  i am talking about. They tell me that there is no such device.

are you attempting to order the xg1v4? if so go to https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3058968/h... and follow the procedure in that post.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. Just did what you said. Hopefully they will help. So far I’m not so confident in Comcast employees.

Contributor

I wouldn't pay to have anything shipped to me. It should be free. Keep in mind Comcast has no problem ripping off the their customers at any chance they get. They tried with me and it didn't work.

All the best
Expert

@a5m wrote:
I wouldn't pay to have anything shipped to me. It should be free. Keep in mind Comcast has no problem ripping off the their customers at any chance they get. They tried with me and it didn't work.

All the best

please check the post 2 before your post.

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@a5m wrote:

All the best

please check the post 2 before your post.

@RobertWy wrote:

@asross wrote:

Is the XG1V4 available to Xfinity subscribers in San Francisco?

I called 1800comcast and was able to have one shipped to me for $14.95.

I was referring to the post above...

As you and I've already mentioned before Customers should contact @ComastElla with the information she has requested in order to get the XG1v4 without hassle.

Contributor

When can I expect 4K DVR to be available In my area zip code 17201

Thank you,
Mike
Frequent Visitor

I sent a message to @Comcastzach, but I guess it all goes to the same place or person.i realize that new customers usually get the latest and greatest, Comcast has to learn to take care of their older customers who have stuck with them for years. 

Regular Visitor

Resolved
Frequent Visitor

No 4k boxes for us Double Play customers!!! Outrage

I'm an existing customer interested in a 4k cable box. Visited the lcoal store, and was told theres nothing that they can do, withing out upgrading to a DVR box, the current 4k box is DVR. Okay so sure I can do a DVR, it was ten dollars more. Then I was told that she needed to upgrade me to triple play. I don't need voice service though...

When I pointed out that a triple play pacakge would also mean mandatory renting of the modem that has the VOIP function I'm beign forced to incur fees for stuff I don't need (I prefer to provide my own cable modem) the lady smiled, nicely though, and said she has 8-12 customers a day in my situation. 

This is really nuts! No updated douple play plans... No 4K... 

I think I'll be signing up my imaginary friend Bob for some Comcast service to get new promos and the service I actually want. 

Can anyone help?

Expert

Re: No 4k boxes for us Double Play customers!!! Outrage

Go here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/2987898 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Frequent Visitor

That’s really helpful.

I’ll call and ask it seems that’s the solution or wait for a rep to let me know in the forums it’s okay to message them.

I’m also tempted to just restart the service under a new household name. I don’t understand why there isn’t a double play package with more tv channels.
New Poster

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

New Poster

Frequent Visitor

Posting to enable PM feature

New Poster

Edit: i still cant PM...

Expert

@Twigg90 wrote:

Edit: i still cant PM...

try again now

New Poster

Hi ComcastJessie,

I’m in the process of having 1 XG1v4 installed today but would like to have another sent to me for my other 4K television.

Also while we are at it it would be great to have a new XB6 gateway shipped with it since I believe my current gateway is due for replacement.

Can you let me know the next steps?

Thanks.
Official Employee

Hi Swerve, I can help,  please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

I would like to request an XG1v4 TV Box. Please advise if Xfinity can send me one. Thank you and have a great day.

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM feature.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hello, it isn’t allowing me to message you.
Regular Visitor

posting to enable pm feature

Expert

@bradbetten wrote:
Hello, it isn’t allowing me to message you.

try now

Regular Visitor

I am trying to select Send Message but brings me to blank page.  Would really like to order the new XG1v4 box.

Contributor

XG1v4 Self Install

I stopped by my local Xfinity store and was told they still don't have the XG1v4 available and need to discuss with customer support.  Could I request a XG1v4 Self Install Kit?  I would like to have 4K content.

New Poster

Re: XG1v4 Self Install

Posting to enable PM feature. I really need at least 1 XG1v4. I currently have 3 4K UHD TV's with HDR + Dolby Vision support including tOLED65C7P model I received on Saturday. I also have a Netflix premium account as well as Amazon Prime Video that also supports 4K.
15221544178441957686956.jpg
Regular Visitor

Can anyone get me a XG1 V4 Box?

So I’ve been trying to get a hold of one of these bad boys for over two months. I called and the rep said one was on my way, turns out they sent me and even older box than what I had! I called back and the rep said they had them at my local store. I drive all the way to my local store, wait for 45mins even though I had an appointment to be told they didn’t have it!! I’m at my wits end, are there any reps that can help me out or is there a strategy to receive theses that I do not know???
Tags (1)
New Poster

How can we get an Xfinity XG1v4 DVR box (self install)?

New Poster

Hi, can you please enable my private message posting? I need info on when I am going to be able to get a 4k x1, is comcast going to transmit the world cup in 4k?

Thanks,

Hernan

Expert

@HCarvi wrote:

Hi, can you please enable my private message posting? I need info on when I am going to be able to get a 4k x1, is comcast going to transmit the world cup in 4k?

Thanks,

Hernan

try now

Expert

Re: Can anyone get me a XG1 V4 Box?

@willb34 wrote:
So I’ve been trying to get a hold of one of these bad boys for over two months. I called and the rep said one was on my way, turns out they sent me and even older box than what I had! I called back and the rep said they had them at my local store. I drive all the way to my local store, wait for 45mins even though I had an appointment to be told they didn’t have it!! I’m at my wits end, are there any reps that can help me out or is there a strategy to receive theses that I do not know???

hi, go here http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3058968/hi... and follow the directions.

Expert

Regular Visitor

Post to send PM 

Regular Visitor

New Poster

So what do I need to do to get this box. I have the Pace XG1v1.
Official Employee

Hello, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

X1 4K DVR

Around Mid march I contacted the @comcastcares twitter account about upgrading my current x1 dvr to a 4k one.  I was told (after supplying account information) that the box was indeed available in my area.  Fast forward to last week, I unhooked my current DVR and took it into the local office to upgrade and was told that I was missinformed, that the 4K DVR was not availble in my area.  Any way I can get a straight answer on this? The model I have now is the PX013ANM.

Thanks in advance

Expert

Re: X1 4K DVR

See: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898/

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Frequent Visitor

Information sent to @comcastElla Thanks for the info.  I saw that post last night but didn't want to get in trouble for sending a pm without being asked to.

Official Employee

Hello all,

I get a lot of questions about the possible charges for XG1v4 shipping. If you place an order through our team here on XFINITY Help & Support Forums  - we don't charge a shipping fee. However, when we send a new DVR cable box, the billing system automatically adds an "Additional Outlet" charge because you technically have two active DVR cable boxes on the account. As soon as you return the old DVR - the system will automatically prorate the charge and apply a credit. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla, can I private message you to ask you a few question about the x1 4K DVR Box, and the probably order one? Thanks!

Official Employee

@Kostresh - Absolutely. Feel free to send me a private message. Please include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. 

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

New Poster

Re: 4K UHD Service and Availability

I called Comcast in November 2017 to get the new 4K cable box, I asked if I could go into the office to pick it up and I was told no because they did not have the new boxes in the office yet.  After the box was shipped out I called for a tech to come out and set the box up.  When the tech came out he said that he had never seen this new equiment before.  He got me all set-up but I still didn't have 4K on my TV.  I called Comcast back again and then I was told that their was not any 4K service in the area, but it will be in a few months.  I called back in the first of March and was told that we will have it April 8th and to just call back yet again to make sure my TV was all set-up correct.  I called back on April 9 2018 and was told that we don't have 4K and will not have it any time soom.  I live in Gadsden, AL