Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hi posting to enable pm feature. Thank you!
Contributor

I posted to enable pm feature

Regular Visitor

I would love to order one
New Poster

Posting to enable PM function.

New Poster

Posting to enable PM functionality

New Poster

XG1v4

Is it possible to get a self install kit for the XG1v4? One of the forums said to make a post requesting it. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4

@cmillard11 wrote:

Is it possible to get a self install kit for the XG1v4? One of the forums said to make a post requesting it. 

I just called 1800comcast and asked them to send me one to replace my XG1v2.

I did that two different times to replace both XG1v2's.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Not ordering one presently; after all, I've just purchased my FIRST EVER FHD TV.

But I've questions about this box/subsequent boxes: (1) Do these boxes have HDMI/ARC ports?

(2) If not, will future boxes have them? (3) Do Digital set-top boxes even NEED HDMI/ARC ports?

Silver Problem Solver

@DozHewson1 wrote:

Not ordering one presently; after all, I've just purchased my FIRST EVER FHD TV.

But I've questions about this box/subsequent boxes: (1) Do these boxes have HDMI/ARC ports?

(2) If not, will future boxes have them? (3) Do Digital set-top boxes even NEED HDMI/ARC ports?

There would not be a need for ARC on the DVR; it only outputs sound;  all X1 boxes have to have speakers connected to them,  For one of my X1 boxes, I have a sound bar connected; the other X1 boxes are connected to TV's and the TV speakers provide sound.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

ARC (audio return channel) is only useful between a TV and receiver or sound bar.   This allows a single HDMI connection from the receiver to the TV that can both deliver video to the TV and carry audio generated from TV apps or other TV inputs back to the receiver.

It is not needed on set top boxes -  all HDMI outputs will carry both video and audio in the same direction - ARC is just for the odd case of needing the reverse channel between your TV and external speaker system if you use one.

Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastElla,

I just PM'd you regarding exchanging for a 4K DVR.

Thank You !!

Expert

@Steve181 wrote:

Hi ComcastElla,

I just PM'd you regarding exchanging for a 4K DVR.

Thank You !!

you may want to pm @Comcast_Support instead. I believe that the person you PM'd is not in that department anymore.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks very much for telling me, I really appreciate it !!

I didn't notice the date from comcastells's post.

PM just sent to them.

Regular Visitor

XG1v4 Box

If I sign up for X1 now and request a Self Install Kit do I get the XG1v4 now automatically?  If not, can I request one?  I saw a post from back in April saying you could request on but maybe they are standard issue now that a little time has passed? 

Thanks! 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 Box

@Jmsalt1 wrote:

If I sign up for X1 now and request a Self Install Kit do I get the XG1v4 now automatically?  If not, can I request one?  I saw a post from back in April saying you could request on but maybe they are standard issue now that a little time has passed? 

Thanks! 

I haven't done what you want to do, but I did call 1800comcast twice and got the v4 as a replacement for my old XG1's.  Try it and see what they say when you call.

1800comcast

Regular Visitor

Thanks!  Comcast employees, can you weigh in?

Diamond Problem Solver

Send a Private message to @Comcast_Support they can make sure your request is fulfilled

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Ok, thanks!

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM function.

New Poster

Posting to enable PM function

Regular Contributor

Re: Xg1v4

Not really sure about this box being so reliant on the internet for everything. Our internet is down now and can’t do or watch anything with this box can’t change channels or watch live tv since it needs internet to work and my team has a pretty important game on Monday night football.
New Poster

Re: Xg1v4

Posting to enable private messaging.

Frequent Visitor

Need a new box (Swap)

Long time Xfinitycustomer. Need to swap out a box that's a XiD X1. Looking for (1) ARRIS XG1v4 as I already have (1) ARRIS XG1v4 in my home but with 2 (4k) 70 inch TVs I want the hdr and better output the other one. 😀

Was wondering if you can just send me a self install kit for this one box so I don't need to go to the store and do it with return labels to send my old one back. Not looking for xi6 as my modem is in bridge mode anyways. Is there any reason why I can't have two ARRIS XG1v4 since you guys now charge the same price for box rentals since converting over to cloud dvr. I shouldn't be charged twice for dvr correct as the ARRIS XG1v4 is also a dvr but my only option for 4K hdr besides the xi6 which I don't want. 

thanks so much I'm listing people below that have always helped with issues in the past without sending pm's. 

@ComcastPhil 

@ComcastPhill 

@ComcastJessie 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Need a new box (Swap)

Not sure moving my post without saying anything helps me. I know you have them in stock but to move me to a post that's 2017 w/o saying is top notch. This is not 2017 with limited boxes available anymore 

Silver Problem Solver

@xtreme3881 wrote:

Not sure moving my post without saying anything helps me. I know you have them in stock but to move me to a post that's 2017 w/o saying is top notch. This is not 2017 with limited boxes available anymore 

By including those names, you have sent a message to each.

I found a quick way to get the v4 UHD box; I called 1800comcast and asked them to send one to me and I got it by UPS.  A return UPS label was included and I shipped my XG1 back at no charge.

Since I don't live too far from my Xfinity Store, I took a second X1 DVR to it and they swapped it and updated my account so I didn't have to do anything to activate it.

Frequent Visitor

Calling now to see it's never worked before or always a hassle 

edit : they wanted to charge me a fee to ship it of 15 dollars not worth it. I guess I will have to make the long drive over now since limited help here 

New Poster

Posting to enable PM function. Thank you Comcast Team!

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Posting to enable pm.
New Poster

I have a 4K set and I think I will consider getting the 4K box.