How is Comcast charging you for the second 4K box?
the Xg1 v4 is charged exactly the same as all other Xg1 DVRs.
I’m sorry to ask again, but can you explain how that isn’t is normally charged? Thanks for clarifying!!
I have two 4K DVR's, one standard DVR, and three X1 Companions. My Plan inclujdes one DVR. Each additional DVR (4K and regular) are charged $19.90 each and each Companion is charged $9.95 .
Notice only one DVR is included in your Plan.
I can ship you a 4K DVR. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.
To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.
Good evening Ella!
I was hoping to get one of the X1 DVRs (Arris XG1v4). Also looking to get two of the associated receivers intended for bedrooms, which I believe is the Arris Xi6. Goal is to have access to all channels in my plan available to view in the bedrooms, as well as view media recorded on the living room DVR. I think Arris Xi6 is the right model.
I understand I need to have private messaging enabled in order to request one from you. I appreciate any help you can provide!
@medinajulio09 - Thank you for posting! Your PM feature is already enabled. The Xi6 boxes are not yet available via Self Install Kit (SIK) but I can definitely ship you a 4K DVR and Xi3 boxes.
I would like to replace an XiD box with a 4K box. I have several questions:
1. Can I order an Xi6 box with a tech install (since self install is not available)?
2. Can the Xi6 be remote from XB6 Gaetway? I want to locate it on a different floor from the Gateway. I have strong wifi at the location via a hardwired acess point. Will that work.
3. If the Xi6 won't work can I get another 4K DVR to directly replace the XiD? I don't want to do this if it will increase my monthly bill. I would want to do direct swap with no montly bill increase.
Want to add a 4K outlet if possible Xi6 or 4K DVR without cost impact
1. At this time, the Xi6 device cannot be requested by the customer in general. We are working diligently to make Xi6 wireless TV Boxes available via Self-Install Kit in the near future.
2. Yes, you can move the Xi6 box it maintains a wireless connection to the Wireless Gateway. Please note, however, that the distance from your Gateway, along with other factors in your home (e.g., metal ducts, brick walls, double-pane windows, etc.) will affect the video quality.
3. Yes, you can replace the XiD with XG1v4 but it will cost more and will be considered as a DVR additional outlet.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
adding... does your access point provide 5gb band wifi? the throughput of the connection has to be pretty high. have ethernet available to link the xi6 to the gateway?