PX001AN_3.0p26s1_PROD_sey
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Posting for PM

Expert

Re: XG1 v4 Box

@JazzV3 wrote:
PX001AN_3.0p26s1_PROD_sey

verified that is the first X1 DVR version and has had many audio drop out issues. swapping will definitely help that problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Is Comcast still responding to these requests for 4k DVR? PM'd Ella, but no response.
Regular Visitor

I'm interested.  How do I make this happen?

Expert

the easiest way to get an x1v4 4K UHD DVR is to drop in at your local Xfinity store. to order from this thread, and you have made at least one public post, PM (private message) @ComcastElla with your full name, service address, and account number and request shipment. Remember that the requests go into a queue and that Ella does have days off during the week.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Posting for pm
Contributor

Nothing easy about getting the Xi4 cable box. No stores have them in stock, at least the only 2 stores in my area. I called and requested a Xi4 box and received an old 2010 pre X1 cable box. Then called again and received an identical box, but beat up looking on it's display face, as my current Arris non 4k box that was shutting down. Called and ordered a 3rd time and finally received the Xi4 4k Netflix box. But I found I was charged on my bill $50 for an install of the Xi4 which is supposedly self install only. Had to call customer service and argue again.
Not an easy or pleasant experience to say the least!!
The cable TV picture on regular non Netflix does look clearer and Netflix does too. There are only a handful of shows and movies on Netflix that are 4k. My biggest improvement seen is in standard cable TV picture quality.
Expert

@Neverendingmods wrote:
Nothing easy about getting the Xi4 cable box. No stores have them in stock, at least the only 2 stores in my area. I called and requested a Xi4 box and received an old 2010 pre X1 cable box. Then called again and received an identical box, but beat up looking on it's display face, as my current Arris non 4k box that was shutting down. Called and ordered a 3rd time and finally received the Xi4 4k Netflix box. But I found I was charged on my bill $50 for an install of the Xi4 which is supposedly self install only. Had to call customer service and argue again.
Not an easy or pleasant experience to say the least!!
The cable TV picture on regular non Netflix does look clearer and Netflix does too. There are only a handful of shows and movies on Netflix that are 4k. My biggest improvement seen is in standard cable TV picture quality.

for future readers of this post, it is not an xi4 it is an xg1 version 4 DVR.

Contributor

So if we have more than 1 4K TV can we have more than 1 of these 4K DVR boxes hooked up at same time or will that mess up X1 throughout the house.  I have 3 satellite boxes + 1 new 4K DVR box and am getting a 2nd 4k HDR tv.  Anyone know? My satellite boxes are Xi3.  

Official Employee

They communicate just like any other X1 DVR. In the end, you’ll end up with the ability to record more but nothing else will change.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

4K box

Hi. Posting to enable private messages. Thank you.

New Poster

I want to get the 4k box.  Previous posts say to send a private message and to post a message first to enable PM.  I did that but still cannot figure out how to send private post so I can include my account info to get the 4k box.

Thanks,'

'Dave

Official Employee

@dap0624 - Yor PM feature is still disabled. I will reach out to the Community Manager for help. Thank you for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: 4K box

@dap0624 - Your PM feature is enabled now. Please send me a private message and include your full name. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

Please note I'm in the office Sunday through Wednesday, 9 AM - 7:30 PM MT. 

Regular Visitor

Ella- thank you very much for your most excellent assistance. Your help was so fast the new xfinity box beat my new 4K tv here.

Thank you so much for the help. Have a very happy Thanksgiving.
Official Employee

@Bmacehtown - Thank you so much for your kind words! Happy to assist! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Smiley Happy 

New Poster

Hi @ComcastElla im interested in getting a 4k xfinity box, what is the process of getting these and does it require a technician to come out to set it up?

Contributor

Hello Ello,
May I PM you and request a 2nd 4k DVR box? I have a new 4k TV ordered and on it's way. I'd like to have the 4k DVR box here for the new TV.
Thanks,
Eric
Regular Visitor

Hello @ComcastElla.

I am also hoping to get a 4K xfinity DVR but it does not look like I have the ability to PM you. Is this something you can enable? Thanks for your help and happy Thanksgiving! 

Mark

New Poster

Posting in order to enable PM
Regular Visitor

Will be getting a new Sony 4K television soon, needed to replace my current box anyway due to it constantly getting stuck in boot every other morning. Now just need to get my wife to catch up on her DVR'd shows.

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable private message access.
Official Employee

Re: Ordering 4K Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hello All, 

If you are interested in receiving a 4K box, feel free to send me a private message and I can submit the request to have it shipped. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name,  as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.

New Poster

Regular Visitor

Hello, posting in order to gain the ability to PM
New Poster

Others may find helpful. I just called the 800 number and asked about a DVR upgrade. The agent was able to order the self install kit and it ships in 3-5 business days. Very convenient and easy.

New Poster

Hi. Replying to get pm option.
Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature.
Thanks!
Regular Visitor

Posting to gain PM option (same as above)
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I'm also posting to enable PM and to qualify for a 4K box.

Regular Visitor

Hello, posting to enable PM feature.

New Poster

Replying to enable PM

Official Employee

Hello All, 

I just wanted to follow up to let those of you who have reached out to me for a 4K DVR know that I have submitted all of the requests and will follow up once I receive tracking information. You will also be emailed at the primary email address on your accounts when a tracking number is available. Chat with you soon. 

Contributor

Thank you Soo much!!
Problem Solver

Can we call 1-800 comcast and order one?

Silver Problem Solver

@Pharrell wrote:

Can we call 1-800 comcast and order one?

I got one by calling and I got another one by calling a few months later.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thank you for helping out and providing top customer service. I received the tracking info and am so excited to finally be able to upgrade.
Regular Visitor

Hi, I would like to order a XG1 v4 Box.
Official Employee

@Nancy1004 - Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. 

New Poster

Requesting a 4k DVR?

Hi @ComcastChe ,

I saw you might be able to help me get a 4k DVR for our new TV.  Can you please have one sent to me?

Thanks.

<Edited post: remove personal information>

Official Employee

Re: Requesting a 4k DVR?

Hi @scabrams

Of course, I can help by sending a 4K box. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

Regular Visitor

Hi, I would like to order a XG1 v4 Box.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla I would like to request a XG1v4 box to be swapped for what I have now. I PM'd another employee (who had other instructions) but said it was against forum policy to PM them direclty unsolicitated. Let me know how I can request one, I guess give me permission to PM you so I do not get banned.

Thank you

Official Employee

@eliwide55 - You can definitely send me a private message and I will be happy to send you a new 4K DVR. I need your full name, account holder's name (if different) exactly as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. 

New Poster

I'd like to get a new 4k box
New Poster

Hello, I would like the XG1v4.

Silver Problem Solver

If anyone doesn't get a PM, I got two by calling 1800comcast twice.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Post for PM capability.