Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Frequent Visitor

Re: 4K UHD Service and Availability

I replaced my regular hd x1 dvr with the 4k dvr and now I have an additional $19.95 charge on my bill?  Why?  I was told no extra change when I got the box, and I read it again in this thread.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Contributor

ARRIS XG1v4

is there a way to find out if the Xfinity Store here in Flint, MI has the ARRIS XG1v4 in store
Expert

@sb80 wrote:

I replaced my regular hd x1 dvr with the 4k dvr and now I have an additional $19.95 charge on my bill?  Why?  I was told no extra change when I got the box, and I read it again in this thread.

did you swap out in a Comcast store? or by delivery? if you look at your equipment using the Xfinity My Account app, TV tab, does it show the old set top box there? If it was swapped out by delivery (ups, etc) they will credit you for the 2nd box when it is entered into the warehouse system with credit back to remove the extra charge.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: XG4 (XG1v4) Launched

@BrianT1968 wrote:

Don't get too excited...I've had mine for 5 months and there is ZERO 4K material out there aside from some outdated Olympic coverage

do you have netflix with the 4k UHD access?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Newby, posting to enable PM feature.

New Poster

Is there an IR receiver on the XiD-C? If so, where is it located? I have a Control4 system and am trying to place the IR emitter. 

Silver Problem Solver

@springbrook1 wrote:

Is there an IR receiver on the XiD-C? If so, where is it located? I have a Control4 system and am trying to place the IR emitter. 

See if this helps: (from a google)

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-Boxes-and-IR-Locations/td-p/2720333

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

delete a program scheduled to record on DVR from my PC

I am out of state and want to delete programs that are scheduled to be recorded on my DVR at home.  There is not obvious way to accomplish this remotely from my PC.  Am I missing something?

Frequent Visitor

The 4K is simply a disguised HD box.  Until they come out with 4K programming, which may be never at this pace, this box is nothing more than a glorified X1.

Contributor

@jpalandra wrote:

The 4K is simply a disguised HD box.  Until they come out with 4K programming, which may be never at this pace, this box is nothing more than a glorified X1.

Hence the name “XG1”. 

Expert

Re: delete a program scheduled to record on DVR from my PC

@bogyhi wrote:

I am out of state and want to delete programs that are scheduled to be recorded on my DVR at home.  There is not obvious way to accomplish this remotely from my PC.  Am I missing something?

at this time, you can't do that from the PC (Comcast is working on resolving legal issues)

New Poster

set record from laptop

Can I schedule a recording on my Xfinity even if I am not home?  

Regular Contributor

Did firmware 3.0 roll out nationally? I am still on 2.14 so no HDR on Netflix for me.
Expert

@2themax wrote:
Did firmware 3.0 roll out nationally? I am still on 2.14 so no HDR on Netflix for me.

yes rolling out. got it on my 'late' box today. others last friday

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@2themax wrote:

yes rolling out. got it on my 'late' box today. others last friday

Is that why the light on my box was blinking last week? I’ll have to check my current version. I didn’t even know there was an update anticipated. What are the new features?

Regular Visitor

No 4k boxes in Denver.....will need to PM you for shipping..

Regular Visitor

Atrana, from my research, that's my thinking too.  If Xfinity doesn't have many 4k programming, then why get the box.  also, I have another question.  I currently have cable and internet (150mb) with X.  However, Google Fiber is available in my condo complex and is offer the 1gb at the same price for my current internet - 150mb.

I read on other sites that to get 4k with Xfinity, I need to subscribe to cable AND internet.  Is that true?  Not sure why I would need Xfinity internet??  Thanks.

Expert

@Schwack wrote:

Atrana, from my research, that's my thinking too.  If Xfinity doesn't have many 4k programming, then why get the box.  also, I have another question.  I currently have cable and internet (150mb) with X.  However, Google Fiber is available in my condo complex and is offer the 1gb at the same price for my current internet - 150mb.

I read on other sites that to get 4k with Xfinity, I need to subscribe to cable AND internet.  Is that true?  Not sure why I would need Xfinity internet??  Thanks.

you can subscribe to the non-X1 legacy xfinity TV service with or without a DVR and have a different internet provider. the X1 minimum package is TV and internet.

Expert

@Schwack wrote:

No 4k boxes in Denver.....will need to PM you for shipping..

not sure to whom or to which post you are replying.

Frequent Visitor

my unit lost the connection w the TV the 3rd or 4th time in the last couple of months, had to power cycle it yesteday by unplugging it from the power, will ask X to replace it.
I am on 3.0.0. Native, XRE Protocol is on 2.8.0 from 5/3/18
Regular Contributor

@FL4TWRX wrote:
No excitement for the remote, here. It’s way too cramped and I find it difficult to use. Also, they got rid of the TV power button and it only has POWER ALL which totally breaks my receiver programming.

I'm not very excited regarding the new XR15 remote myself and stuck with the XR11 remote.  The XR11 is much more intuitive for me.  The biggest thing I don't like on the newer XR15 remotes are the center arrow keys.  You never know if your pressing in the correct area of the remote. The old XR11 is much easier to navigate and use these keys without looking at it.  

I'm not sure what they were thinking when it was redesigned and it doesn't appear the end user had much if at all any input on it's design.  For me it's certainly a big step backwards in design change.  

Regular Visitor

The entire line is a design debacle. There is no need for such large cable boxes, noisy mechanical hard drives that never spin down no matter what settings we choose (or a hard drive in the box at all), and many of us miss a self-setting accurate clock. 

We sure hope that the next deisgn does away with hard drives, minimizes the box size, does away with hardware that is never used (Ethernet and USB ports, for example) and includes a clock.

Better yet, why not an app that does away with all Comcast / Xfinity hardware?

Expert

@VaDeltahChi wrote:

The entire line is a design debacle. There is no need for such large cable boxes, noisy mechanical hard drives that never spin down no matter what settings we choose (or a hard drive in the box at all), and many of us miss a self-setting accurate clock. 

We sure hope that the next deisgn does away with hard drives, minimizes the box size, does away with hardware that is never used (Ethernet and USB ports, for example) and includes a clock.

Better yet, why not an app that does away with all Comcast / Xfinity hardware?

to your last comment: you can subscribe to xfinity internet and use the xfinity instant TV subscription for no set top boxes in the home. smart devices and Roku are allowed to use the subscription in the home. 

Contributor

I've never heard of that before, but this is what Comcast tells me when I click "try one month free":

"You can already get the entertainment you love anywhere, on any device with the XFINITY Stream App. Everything is included at no addtional cost, only for XFINITY TV customers."

And, it's a beta app on Roku?

Activate the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku

This article provides instructions on how to activate the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku. Some customers may have to re-accept Terms of Activation based on updates to account entitlements.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku

So, I have to drop Xfinity TV before I can see what I can get without Xfinity TV on a different app?

New Poster

I need an X1v4

I converted from Dish to Xfinity last week since the cost of Dish plus WiFi for Amazon Prime and Hulu was more than Xfinity. However, the old X1 box I received is extremely noisy--sounds like a jet plane spinning up. Extremely annoying. My local Xfinity store (Colorado Springs) says they don't have any Arris X1v4 boxes and cannot notify me when one comes in. How can I get one? Otherwise, I'm going back to Dish!!

Official Employee

Re: I need an X1v4

Thanks for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post! We are glad you're here.

Hi Roger17. I can assist with getting an XG1v4 sent out to you via self install kit. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@vadeltachi wrote:

I've never heard of that before, but this is what Comcast tells me when I click "try one month free":

"You can already get the entertainment you love anywhere, on any device with the XFINITY Stream App. Everything is included at no addtional cost, only for XFINITY TV customers."

And, it's a beta app on Roku?

Activate the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku

This article provides instructions on how to activate the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku. Some customers may have to re-accept Terms of Activation based on updates to account entitlements.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku

So, I have to drop Xfinity TV before I can see what I can get without Xfinity TV on a different app?

the roku is on a free beta and that is why it is available (also) to the instant TV subscriber. Instant TV is only available to 'internet only' subscribers. Seems to me it would be a cool add-on sub for recording a separate 20 hours ONLY to a separate cloud DVR that would not work on home X1 equipment. but at this time, you and I would not have the Instant TV option since we have the X1 set top boxes already.

Regular Visitor

Hi posting for PM feature
Regular Visitor

I am still unable to see the PM feature. Can someone let me know how I can order a 4K box.
Expert

@jweight4 wrote:
I am still unable to see the PM feature. Can someone let me know how I can order a 4K box.

did you go to the upper right corner of the web page and sign in before messaging?

Regular Visitor

...posting to enable PM feature...

ZAdriaens
New Poster

New XG1v4 Box

I noticed some people are receiving the new boxes via mail. How can I get the bew boxes and remotes ? Can I just go to the service center and exchange them ?
Official Employee

@jweight4 - I got your message, thanks. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

4k service

Does Fairfield, Ca have 4k service or the new dvr boxes available. I cant seem to find anything on the xfinity website!

Expert

Re: ARRIS XG1v4

@Ord535 wrote:
is there a way to find out if the Xfinity Store here in Flint, MI has the ARRIS XG1v4 in store

no

Expert

Re: 4k service

@chansford wrote:

Does Fairfield, Ca have 4k service or the new dvr boxes available. I cant seem to find anything on the xfinity website!

the only 4k (UHD) content currently available is via Netflix app on the X1 set top box.

Contributor

Re: ARRIS XG1v4

When I was at the flint store a month and a half ago , they didn't know anything about the XG1v4 box .

Ella hooked me up  with my box on here , everything went real smooth and she saved me money .

New Poster

Requesting a new Xg1v4 box.

requesting a new Xg1v4 box. was told to leave a new post to receive a box. 

Expert

Re: Requesting a new Xg1v4 box.

@NIck_from_PDX wrote:

requesting a new Xg1v4 box. was told to leave a new post to receive a box. 

you can now scroll back to 6/8/2018 post 'above" by @ComcastJoeTru and follow the directions there.

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I live in the Charleston SC area. Am I now able to trade in my older X1 box for a XG1v4?

New Poster

posting so i can PM??? i hope

I need the xi5 wireless box and my local does not have any. Can I order online somewhere or do I have to PM somebody?

thanks in advance.

Jim

Official Employee

Hello.

@Rlc1606 - Feel free to send me a private message with your account information (full name, the account holder's name, address, phone/account number) and I will ship you a 4K DVR. 

@jimcraun - At this time, the Xi5 device cannot be requested by the customer and it's not available via Self-Install Kits. 

Regular Visitor

Would like to request an XG1v4 4k box to replace a companion box I have. Putting a 4k TV in its place.

Expert

@thesauves1 wrote:

Would like to request an XG1v4 4k box to replace a companion box I have. Putting a 4k TV in its place.

hi, follow the directions to PM the Comcast employee in the post just before your post. you have to sign in (top right corner of the web page) before you can PM (private message)

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable pm
Frequent Visitor

I too would like to swap out my Xfinity X1 box for the new 4K box. PM me and I can provide my details

Expert

@ntsu82 wrote:

I too would like to swap out my Xfinity X1 box for the new 4K box. PM me and I can provide my details

scroll back up to the 6/12/2018 post in this thread from @ComcastElla and PM her by clicking on her username. you must be logged in to PM (upper right corner of the web page).

Frequent Visitor

Thanks!

New Poster

Post.