Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

mehul902001 wrote:
Hi, I would also like to get the 4K receiver. Are you able to order one for me as well? Thanks.

I got mine by calling 1800comcast; when I got it I put my old DVR in the box, took it to UPS with the return label and got an email when they received it.

But it depends on whether it is available in your market, which was confirmed when I called them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Admin1

mehul902001 -- I would be able to order one for you as well. I will need you to send me a PM with your account information for verification purposes please. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I too called and talked to two phone reps who said it was available at local office. Also was told by chat tech it was available. So today I drive 30 min to the local office to be told no I was miss informed and that a tech will have to make a visit and it would cost 60 to have them come out. This is so frustrating and am not happy with the run around I was given. I would like to have one of the new boxes. 

Official Employee

Hi, bje2525 - Please don't private message moderators without a request. It's a violation of our Forums Policy and Guidelines. I received your information and submitted a request to ship you a new 4K DVR cable box. As soon as I get a tracking number, I will let you know. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Took my XFINITY1 box down to the store, switched out to new 4 k UHD box....couldn’t be more pleased! Even when I run across a program not in UHD or 4K, I still see a clearer picture. Plus. With Netflix And YouTube, I catch a lot of movies in 4K 

New Poster

There were no up grading fees...it would have cost me a shipping fee if I ordered from the website..all I did was take my old set box in and exchanged it for the 4K!  3 minutes to set up!

Frequent Visitor

So so sorry. Was not aware of the policy on private messages.  Once again sorry. 

Official Employee

@jerrypulliam1 - Thank you for sharing your experience! Unfortunately, the XG1v4 box is not available in all XFINITY stores at this moment.   

@bje2525 - No worries at all. Please let me know if you get any questions. 

New Poster

I have had to place 6 calls to xfinity and have received 2 wrong cable boxes (non XG1V4). How can I get this done as multiple phone representatives have told me they will ensure I get the right box yet I keep getting no box or the wrong box. 

Comcast Admins: Can I PM you my information to rectify this?

Official Employee

@jayrod88 - You can definitely send me a private message with your account information (name, address, phone number) and I will submit an order for you. 

Regular Contributor

Ok, I just want to ask this again. I currently have the X1 MX011ANM. I also have a tv that is 4k and has HDR, with limited things you can watch 4k from comcast of course. Would regular programming, or anyting 1080p look any better on the NEW XG1v4-A? I can get it from my local store, they have them. I just want to know if anything will be better clarity wise? Again, from what I've read there isn't any 4k stuff from the new box yet..... Advice please. My current box works fine, but I watch a lot of cnn, fox, etc, and it would be nice if they were clearer, etc. etc...

Official Employee

@Jason_B - 4K UHD viewing, is currently available to XFINITY X1 customers who subscribe to the Netflix Premium plan and have an XG1v4 TV box, with a compatible 4K TV, or to XFINITY TV customers with the Ultra High Definition (HD) Sampler app. Cable channels or regular programming are not in 4K quality. 

Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Contributor

ComcastElla wrote:

@Jason_B - 4K UHD viewing, is currently available to XFINITY X1 customers who subscribe to the Netflix Premium plan and have an XG1v4 TV box, with a compatible 4K TV, or to XFINITY TV customers with the Ultra High Definition (HD) Sampler app. Cable channels or regular programming are not in 4K quality. 

How do I get the 

"Ultra High Definition (HD) Sampler app"

Official Employee

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-sampler-app-on-samsung-smart-tv

New Poster

I have the same issue and had the same experience with the chat....they should update the website to inform the customers instead of talking like they are all available. It really is not a good customer experience.
Regular Visitor

Can you ship me out a 4k xfinity box as well? 

New Poster

4K UHD Service and Availability

Just bought a new 4K TV to find my current set top did not support it. Got on chat last night and was told to go to a local store to swap it out. Arrived this afternoon after pulling my equipment to be told that the boxes were not available and that the store had no way of getting me one. Then called support direct and they couldn't give me an estimate on a time frame of anything for availability. How is this the case? I see on here people getting boxes sent to them so what is the ETA on set top box units being available in areas? Is this listed anywhere in the website? I was basically told to check back at the beginning of the year which is unacceptable to me. Customers should get area timeframes/commitments at the very least and some guidance not nothing. I pay over $200 a month and deserve more than a "check back in the beginning of the year"...... Has anyone else in Northern California experienced this?

Most Valued Poster

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

So i took a chance and ordered an xg1v4, xfi gateway, & xr15 through chat. lol

They sent me:

1 XG2

2 xg1v4

2 xb3

Assuming no XR15's, we'll see though.

Couple questions :

So since im getting two 4k boxes, can i use two 4k boxes and have them both access the same recordings?

or since theyre both main boxes, they'll both have their own seperate recordings and won't be able to be linked?

When installing a new main 4k box, will i lose my current recordings? or will they show up on the new 4k box as cloud recordings?

Most Valued Poster

And if i was able to to keep both 4k boxes, would they charge me $20 for the second one, since its considered a main box, or just the regular $10 ($9.95) for an additional box (non-dta)?

Official Employee

Only the XG1V4 has access to 4K Netflix.
All X1 boxes have access to recordings.
They are already linked.
Only the DVR is the main box, XG2 is just an HD box.
You will lose any recordings that are past the last 60 hours recorded. The last 60 hours will show from the cloud

Regular Contributor

Doesn't the cloud DVR recording also have a time constraint?  I believe after a month or two they are deleted. 

Most Valued Poster

I know its only netflix in 4k, for now.
The dvr is the main box aka xg1 versions 1-4.
Xg1v4 is 4k box im getting. Two are being sent.
Can i have two main dvr boxes?
Don’t they charge $20/mo for additional main dvr boxes?
Doesn’t a second main dvr have separate recordings from first main dvr?

I have a bunch of recordings i’ll prob lose. I’ll try and watch the older stuff first.
Official Employee

Yes, you can have 2 dvr’s ( markets may vary).
If you’re replacing an HD box it’s an additional 10, if it’s an additional box, $20

Separate recordings, sort of kinda, yes. If you’re at a dvr and press record to record at that moment, that’s where it’s saved. If you schedule something in advance, the recording goes to the dvr with the most space

Most Valued Poster

Cool thats what i thought.

i only have 1 4k tv anyway so i'm just keeping one.

my setup will be :

one xg1v4

two xiD's

one xg2

So if someone had all 4k tv's, they would have to pay $20 for each additional 4k box.

Any plans on a 4k $10 "satellite" box that replaces xid's?

the xi5 is HDR , no 4k right? thats a satellite box correct?

Most Valued Poster

"Separate recordings, sort of kinda, yes. If you’re at a dvr and press record to record at that moment, that’s where it’s saved. If you schedule something in advance, the recording goes to the dvr with the most space"

if i had two DVR's , and i set a recording, can i acess that recordings on both DVR's? or just the DVR that it recorded on + the satellites that are linked to that specific DVR?

Silver Problem Solver

adammusic22 wrote:

"Separate recordings, sort of kinda, yes. If you’re at a dvr and press record to record at that moment, that’s where it’s saved. If you schedule something in advance, the recording goes to the dvr with the most space"

if i had two DVR's , and i set a recording, can i acess that recordings on both DVR's? or just the DVR that it recorded on + the satellites that are linked to that specific DVR?

FYI, I have two XG1 DVR's and one XG1v4 DVR and two XG2's.  I can access ANY recording on ANY X1 box.  Comcast calls it Anyroom DVR.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-anyroom-dvr-overview

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Most Valued Poster

But they’re charging you $20/mo for each additional xg1 dvr right? As opposed to the $9.95/mo for an xid?
New Poster

I’ve been trying to get ahold of a 4K box as well. Is one able to be shipped ups to me for self install.

Silver Problem Solver

adammusic22 wrote:
But they’re charging you $20/mo for each additional xg1 dvr right? As opposed to the $9.95/mo for an xid?

That is the case with my XG2.  When I get the time, I am going to trade in one X1 DVR for an XG2 to save the $10/mo.

New Poster

I had a tech come out yesterday to install the XG1v4 box, but he said it would not work as I am not using the comcast rentable model.   He said the boxes only work with the comcast modem and not customer modems.   Is he correct?   You have to use the comcast modem?   

Silver Problem Solver

css33 wrote:

I had a tech come out yesterday to install the XG1v4 box, but he said it would not work as I am not using the comcast rentable model.   He said the boxes only work with the comcast modem and not customer modems.   Is he correct?   You have to use the comcast modem?   

No mention of it here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XG1v4-TV-Box/m-p/2907630#M129152

BUT: there might be an issue with MoCA but I can't find any mention of it yet regarding the XG1v4.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Official Employee

Css33, unfortunately your tech was mistaken, modem model doesn’t matter. Only necessary to have a Comcast gateway with an Xi5

New Poster

Well comcast Zach I just went through hours of frustration and disrespect.i was told while I was on the phone with customer service that my local service center in pa not only had the xg1v4 box in stock but they had checked and verified that the store had them. I hook everything drive to the center wait in line for a long time to only be told by your service center people that and their exact words " the customer service people you spoke to are liars and they lied right to you". He went on to say they in the past 6 months have only gotten one box and they cannot order nor get me the box.so I had to get the same box I had before and drive home. While driving home I called again to customer service who then tell me they have no idea when or if the box will be available and that they can't even ship or install the box for me . So I have wasted an entire evening,  cannot get a straight answer from anyone who works at comcast and treated like a piece of junk . I now am looking into going to Verizon and cancelling comcast.

Regular Contributor

Since you can ony currently get Netflix in 4k on the xg1v4 I would think you'd only have one box if the other tv's are capable of streaming 4k.

Regular Visitor

4 k boxes XG1v4 TV Box

Greetings :

Are the 4 K boxes ( XG1v4 TV Box) available?

New Poster

Xfinity 4k box

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it would be possible for me to upgrade to the XG1v4 TV box?  I've been calling the 1 800 number and I've been told to call many different people, but they all keep telling me that they don't have the XG1v4 TV box.  Any help would be wonderful!

Thank you

Most Valued Poster

installed my XG1v4 last night

I have a 2015 Vizio M43-C1

4 Hdmi outputs are 4k @ 30Hz

1 is 4k @ 60Hz

I should use the 60Hz hdmi & set resolution on the box to 2160p60 right?

Box is way faster than my xg1-A. But about the same speed as an xiD.

So it solved my slow main dvr problem.

Guide looks crisper, picture looks a little better.

4K netflix looks just as good as the native netflix app.

Expert

adammusic22 wrote:

installed my XG1v4 last night

I have a 2015 Vizio M43-C1

4 Hdmi outputs are 4k @ 30Hz

1 is 4k @ 60Hz

I should use the 60Hz hdmi & set resolution on the box to 2160p60 right?

Box is way faster than my xg1-A. But about the same speed as an xiD.

So it solved my slow main dvr problem.

Guide looks crisper, picture looks a little better.

4K netflix looks just as good as the native netflix app.

yes since you can't set the box to 'native'. on the YouTube app are you offered the 4k versions? (showing that YT detects 4k capability)? 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

To clarify Rusty's question; When you open the You Tube app there is a Category title line just below Search field.

The field begins with Recommended and about 5 or so categories to the right is: 4K. That field will not show up for televisions that are not identified as 4K televisions.

The problem is that if you don't a fast enough broadband on your home network, or too many people using it, your 4K television may not be identified as 4k. It might be a cable-box issue if everything else checks out okay.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

MNtundraRET wrote:

To clarify Rusty's question; When you open the You Tube app there is a Category title line just below Search field.

The field begins with Recommended and about 5 or so categories to the right is: 4K. That field will not show up for televisions that are not identified as 4K televisions.

The problem is that if you don't a fast enough broadband on your home network, or too many people using it, your 4K television may not be identified as 4k. It might be a cable-box issue if everything else checks out okay.

I'm not seeing the 4K option. The cable box recognises the tv as 4k and gives me the 2160p/60 option and I just ran a speed test on my laptop and got 239 mbps down.

Most Valued Poster

In the Netflix app, the top row shows all the Ultra HD 4K options, but under the title details above, it still says HD.

On my Vizio Netflix app, it says Ultra HD 4K under the title description.
Most Valued Poster

So am i getting netflix in 4k or is it an xfinity netflix app error?

Vizio input resolution info shows 2160 on both xfinity & vizio netflix
16CE14E9-ABDC-496E-A217-11F4809E7788.jpeg
New Poster

I too was told to go pick one up at local office. They did not have them. BUT, I found an employee there that said one could be ordered for me and picked up at the store at no charge. Most employees in my store knew nothing about this box. Ask for a supervisor. Love the 4K box.
Expert

adammusic22 wrote:
So am i getting netflix in 4k or is it an xfinity netflix app error?

Vizio input resolution info shows 2160 on both xfinity & vizio netflix

so far I don' think Comcast has said on the YouTube mega-thread that it supports 4K, Maybe 4k for Youtube is a future upgrade.

Most Valued Poster

I didn’t say anything about Youtube.

Unless you replied to the wrong message.

I asked about Youtube 4K awhile ago.
Official Employee

adammusic22 wrote:
I didn’t say anything about Youtube.

Unless you replied to the wrong message.

I asked about Youtube 4K awhile ago.

What is your video display set to?

Most Valued Poster

2160p60
Official Employee

adammusic22 wrote:
2160p60

That's correct, try power cycling the box to see if anything changes.