Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Would like to order XG1v4

posting for PM ability

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Would like to order XG1v4

I'd like to request an XG1v4 install kit if possible. Had a service call Friday 1/24 and was told by the worker he didn't have any on the truck, check with the local office.

Visited the local office (104 Old Cardiff Ln - Harriman, TN 37748) today and was told they only get a handful of them in every few weeks.

Thanks
Highlighted
New Poster

Ordering XG1v4

I'm have a OLED 4K tv and need to exchange my XG1v1 box for a XG1v4.  How do I get this done.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Ordering XG1v4

@Yianni3 wrote:

I'm have a OLED 4K tv and need to exchange my XG1v1 box for a XG1v4.  How do I get this done.

go to your local Xfinity store and swap it out. take the set top box and the power supply. keep the remote.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Ordering XG1v4

Comcast used to send new out a new box with a return package for the old box.  Is that still possible.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I don't think posting or enabling PM's in this thread does any good now. Pretty sure you have to go into your local office or give them a call now.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

I got mine by calling 1800comcast and scheduled a tech install.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You might try your local Comcast xfinity Store but their inventory varies almost daily. You also might try calling 1-800-934-6489 to see if they have inventory available and are able to ship one out to you with a UPS return label.

Finally you can try a PM message to @Comcast_Support to see if they have any inventory of the XG1v4 to ship out.  Many of the best and brightest employees have moved along and this consolated id is a good place to try.

Dave

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I agree with these findings, as I've done the same tests on my TCL R625. I however have a Xi6-A hooked up to my TV. I can confirm that the upscaling done by the Xfinity box is very poor in comparison to my budget TV, although I'd argue this TV is better than most out there. I have noticed a ton of artifacts when it comes to using the Xfinity boxes, and I'd rather use Roku OS any day when it comes to Picture quality, guide responsiveness, etc. This is unfortunate, as I too was looking forward to the 4k content as it becomes available. Netflix is horrible thru the xI6 box. This issue has been driving me crazy. I have hope for a firmware update to fix the issues, but it's probably a hardware issue.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

@KOR-reyRen066 wrote:
I agree with these findings, as I've done the same tests on my TCL R625. I however have a Xi6-A hooked up to my TV. I can confirm that the upscaling done by the Xfinity box is very poor in comparison to my budget TV, although I'd argue this TV is better than most out there. I have noticed a ton of artifacts when it comes to using the Xfinity boxes, and I'd rather use Roku OS any day when it comes to Picture quality, guide responsiveness, etc. This is unfortunate, as I too was looking forward to the 4k content as it becomes available. Netflix is horrible thru the xI6 box. This issue has been driving me crazy. I have hope for a firmware update to fix the issues, but it's probably a hardware issue.

Do you reckon the XG1v4 would have the same issues as your Xi6?

Edit: oh wait, Xi6 has no dvr.

Dan