Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Comcast used to send new out a new box with a return package for the old box.  Is that still possible.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Yianni3 wrote:

I'm have a OLED 4K tv and need to exchange my XG1v1 box for a XG1v4.  How do I get this done.

go to your local Xfinity store and swap it out. take the set top box and the power supply. keep the remote.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm have a OLED 4K tv and need to exchange my XG1v1 box for a XG1v4.  How do I get this done.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I don't think posting or enabling PM's in this thread does any good now. Pretty sure you have to go into your local office or give them a call now.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

You might try your local Comcast xfinity Store but their inventory varies almost daily. You also might try calling 1-800-934-6489 to see if they have inventory available and are able to ship one out to you with a UPS return label.

Finally you can try a PM message to @Comcast_Support to see if they have any inventory of the XG1v4 to ship out.  Many of the best and brightest employees have moved along and this consolated id is a good place to try.

Dave

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I agree with these findings, as I've done the same tests on my TCL R625. I however have a Xi6-A hooked up to my TV. I can confirm that the upscaling done by the Xfinity box is very poor in comparison to my budget TV, although I'd argue this TV is better than most out there. I have noticed a ton of artifacts when it comes to using the Xfinity boxes, and I'd rather use Roku OS any day when it comes to Picture quality, guide responsiveness, etc. This is unfortunate, as I too was looking forward to the 4k content as it becomes available. Netflix is horrible thru the xI6 box. This issue has been driving me crazy. I have hope for a firmware update to fix the issues, but it's probably a hardware issue.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

@KOR-reyRen066 wrote:
I agree with these findings, as I've done the same tests on my TCL R625. I however have a Xi6-A hooked up to my TV. I can confirm that the upscaling done by the Xfinity box is very poor in comparison to my budget TV, although I'd argue this TV is better than most out there. I have noticed a ton of artifacts when it comes to using the Xfinity boxes, and I'd rather use Roku OS any day when it comes to Picture quality, guide responsiveness, etc. This is unfortunate, as I too was looking forward to the 4k content as it becomes available. Netflix is horrible thru the xI6 box. This issue has been driving me crazy. I have hope for a firmware update to fix the issues, but it's probably a hardware issue.

Do you reckon the XG1v4 would have the same issues as your Xi6?

Edit: oh wait, Xi6 has no dvr.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hello:  I'd like to request an XG1v4 box self install kit for my 4K tv.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Ngbarkus wrote:

Hello:  I'd like to request an XG1v4 box self install kit for my 4K tv.

moved your post ot this master thread. if you have a working box it may be a while before any employee can get to your request due to pandemic.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Need box mailed to me, all comcast stores close

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Is posting here still the best way to try to get a 4K box?  XG1v4

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I would like to request an XG1v4 box.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Ready2Go wrote:

hi, I moved your post to this mega-thread. it may be a while before you get a reply due to the global pandemic.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here