Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

I've been a customer for excess of 3-5 years and I got the box. It's definitely faster and more capable than it's ancestors.

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

No SSD. Has HDD. internal HDD , HDD is 500gb min. 1tb max. All x1 boxes run are a huge Java applet that's like a virtual machine.

Contributor

• 

157 Messages

5 years ago

any updates on live 4k stuff?  so far i know only 4k is netflix and olympic channel ...

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Waqas1 wrote:

any updates on live 4k stuff?  so far i know only 4k is netflix and olympic channel ...

voice remote '4k'. some football games are said to be in progress to be aired

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Waqas1
There’s no 4K channels, just access to 4K content

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Contributor

• 

157 Messages

5 years ago

what channels will do a live 4k stream ? fox cbs nbc ?  i heard of some providers claiming to have live 4k sports... so i guess it might just be worth it for me to get the new cable box

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

Is the Fox NFL 4k thing not going to happen?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

It’s probably best to describe it as wait and see. This article breaks down what happened last night
https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/27/20886839/nfl-4k-hdr-fox-sports-failure-format-comcast-dish-4k

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Happened today in Connecticut.   Customer Service rep assured me that the Waterbury, CT, Xfinity office would be able to swap my cable box for a 4K version.  I drove the 44.8 miles to the Waterbury office only to be told that they hadn't had any of those boxes for weeks, they didn't know when any might arrive, and that "Customer Service never knows what it's talking about." 

Contributor

• 

157 Messages

5 years ago

i heard nfl thursday night football on fox was going to broadcast in 4k via xfinity... assuming xfinity decides to go with live 4k .. will that apply to xfinity stream as well ?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Bent240, you have to change it first

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

i have it changed to 4k.  will it effect the picture if its not a 4k show?  

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

The box was set on 1080p60 HD for output but my tv is capable of 4k.  Will the box detect the 4k feed and switch to 4k output automatically when something is 4k or should i just change the setting on the box to the "best possible output" 4k setting?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here