Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello, posting in order to gain the ability to PM

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Others may find helpful. I just called the 800 number and asked about a DVR upgrade. The agent was able to order the self install kit and it ships in 3-5 business days. Very convenient and easy.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi. Replying to get pm option.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature.
Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to gain PM option (same as above)

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello,

I'm also posting to enable PM and to qualify for a 4K box.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello, posting to enable PM feature.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Replying to enable PM

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello All, 

I just wanted to follow up to let those of you who have reached out to me for a 4K DVR know that I have submitted all of the requests and will follow up once I receive tracking information. You will also be emailed at the primary email address on your accounts when a tracking number is available. Chat with you soon. 

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you Soo much!!

Problem Solver

• 

1.6K Messages

5 years ago

Can we call 1-800 comcast and order one?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for helping out and providing top customer service. I received the tracking info and am so excited to finally be able to upgrade.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Nancy1004 - Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi, I would like to order a XG1 v4 Box.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here