Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, I would like to try this box.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just had my X1 equipment installed last week.  I recieved the new xi6 wireless boxes but was provided with the bulky Pace XG1v1.   Can I please have my system upgraded to the newer Arris XG1v4 box?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@BJ66062 wrote:

I just had my X1 equipment installed last week.  I recieved the new xi6 wireless boxes but was provided with the bulky Pace XG1v1.   Can I please have my system upgraded to the newer Arris XG1v4 box?

@Evaunitzero1 and @BJ66062 please read the first post, login and send @CCElla the PM she asks for to allow her to reach you.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

OKAY I'M GOING TO OPOST THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO ORDER A 4K DVR

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@MARIEVI wrote:

OKAY I'M GOING TO OPOST THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO ORDER A 4K DVR

please read the first post, login and send @ComcastElla the PM she asks for to allow her to reach you.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Great news!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm just going to go to the xfinity store to get it.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

Call store before you go,my store never has one . I got mine for the forum! And it worked out Perfect, easier than driving to store!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am looking for a 4k DVR, Please help me out!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Looking to swap out 2 XG1 v1 DVRs for 2 new XG1 v4 boxes. Also looking to swap out 4 RNG-150 boxes with XiD boxes. Can someone help me request a self-install kit for this equipment?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Drom wrote:

Looking to swap out 2 XG1 v1 DVRs for 2 new XG1 v4 boxes. Also looking to swap out 4 RNG-150 boxes with XiD boxes. Can someone help me request a self-install kit for this equipment?

please read the first post, login and send @ComcastElla the PM she asks for to allow her to reach you.. Note: to be able to keep all 12 tuners available for recording, you will need one Xg2 companion (has 3 tuners to loan out) and 3 XiD (or Xi5 wireless or Xi6 4k companion in some markets).

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@MichiganTBear wrote:

I am looking for a 4k DVR, Please help me out!

please read the first post, login and send @ComcastElla the PM she asks for to allow her to reach you.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

need better 4k box

will it freeze up less than current box

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Would like to get an 4k settop box also, currently have X1 system, will it be a transparent conversion?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here