Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi,

I'd like to request a XG1v4 box. Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

@jeremers - Please follow the instructions and send me your full name, address, and a phone number. I will check what we can do you for you. 

@hokey777 - Got your message, will reply back shortly. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Just curious what would be needed to get this box?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Per your direction on this board I am requesting that you send me the X1GV4 with the Self-Install Kit.

We have Samsung 740 SUHD TV, already 4k capable.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

@Mrblackett wrote:

I'd like to receive a 4k box, but don't want to post my info publicly.

In my case, I just called the Comcast support number and asked to have one shipped to my house. I received it the following day. I then replaced my previous DVR and took it back to the local Comcast store to have it taken off my account.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I just got a new 4K hdr lg tv and would like one of the new boxes can I be sent one

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'd like to receive a 4k box, but don't want to post my info publicly.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello! I have a 4k capable TV "C6 Curved OLED 4K HDR Smart TV".

I currently have X1 HD DVR.

I would like to request a 4k TV Box (Xfinity XG1v4).

What should be the nest steps?

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

For all the people asking how to get the boxes, take a few minutes and read through the posts in this thread. There are many many posts about how to get the XG1v4 box. Just read. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I am unable to PM but I would like the new box considering mine is constantly freezing up and we have to force reboot it

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@CCElla checks into this thread on her workdays. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Have new oled tv want to switch out my set top box for the new xg1v4.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

How can I swap my x1 receivers for 4k capable receivers?

Regular Contributor

• 

81 Messages

6 years ago

I thought this thread was in reference to technical questions related to the Xfinity XG1v4 DVR, NOT how to obtain one.  Everyone needs to read through this thread and stop asking the same question over and over. 

Again, for folks that are wanting one of these 4k DVR's a simple search through this thread or a phone call or chat with Comcast will give you the info you are looking for.  I obtained mine through a chat session and received it within 3 days of the order.

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi Enqiquezl -- Yes, you can swap your current X1 boxes for 4K capable boxes. Please keep in mind that at this time we are only offering 4K DVR units. If you would like to do this then please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will also need to know now many boxes you're needing to swap.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here