Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@TimC69 wrote:
Changes to 720 but not back to 2160. New XR-15 remote is pretty nice.

if inclined would you try the just revealed procedure (change to 720 first) of Xfinity button > up > up > 2 and enter 2160 for the 'code' ?

Regular Contributor

• 

249 Messages

7 years ago

How do I go about getting the new R 15 remote?

Regular Contributor

• 

387 Messages

6 years ago

@ComcastJoeTru

@ComcastAndrew

I would like to upgrade to the new XG1v4 DVR box.

I actually have 3 older DVR boxes each currently hooked up to 4K TV's but I really would like to upgrade all of them to the new XG1v4 if possible.

Now I know you said they are in limited quantity so if I can not be sent 3 XG1v4 self install kits I hope I could get at least 2 or if not then even 1 for now 🙂 

I have been trying to get these new boxes for like the last 3+ months or so with no luck at all.

Also how much would the shipping cost be?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

If you go through the steps to pair the remote to the box does it come up? Press and hold setup and press Xfinity button

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

6 years ago

Maybe @ComcastJoeTru can help us get this box. I know from past experience to never just show up at a Comcast office based on what support says on the phone.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Yeah I wih all at comoast would just stop lying to us.

Had an issue with 3-1/2 old box and called tech (due to chat not working) and got the phillipines. Ask to be transfered to the USA and then got a lady that couldnt help and transfered me to Mexico. They could solve it and it got upgraded to the next tier in the USA. THe tech tried to force new firmware adn that didn't work so he told me he was noting all this and to go to the local Xfinity store (2.5 miles away) and pick up a new XG1v4 box. He stated there was 17 in the store and I should be able to get one. I unhook my old box and rushed there. Check in at the store they took my old box and then told me to wait. Maybe 4 people ahead of me and I'm called up. The guy give me the same model I just returned and told him what was going on and said he can't do anything and to talk to his manager. Manager tells me I gt lied to and nothing he can do. He says to go with him to the back and he will straighten this out. Told him I don't know what that means but whatever. I asked him to look it up for notes and nothing. ASk him to call the tech support and he refuses. Take the crappy new/old box out and hook it up to get the same issue. During this time called support and then got transfered to retention people. THey tell me the best newest box is the "cloud" boxnad the one I have. Again another Lie. Finally ask for a manager. If this was actually a manager. She states that I dont pay for DVR now whenit is part of my bundle. THe Box will be $70 install adn $10 a month. I ask to speak to her boss and get told she doesnt have one. Then she says the manager doesnt work on Saturday and "MIGHT" call on Monday. then hangs up.

I just wanted the XG1v4 box I was promised. Buthten again I been lied to som many ties by Comcast/Xfinity i don't know who to believe anymore.

Wishing I could get the box I was promised but thinking I should take the fee to cancel and move to a provider that actually has 4k and treats people with respect and diginity.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Yes I was told y’all won’t be getting them until january 

Contributor

• 

327 Messages

6 years ago

I totally agree - I have been with you so many times i finally gave up = I have the old old green light X1 box - the original - when i fianlly get to the Ann Arbor office they tell me that this is the most current box - ITS 5 YEARS OLD!  it works - cannot delete programs until next day - audio is terrible but it works and its all Michgan has - due to the fact Michigan thinks that the merger is still on - (its been dead for 2 years( but tell them) - and yes management does not talk to subscribers -  oh wait - I am told my 900 house subdivision is on an old connect and needs to be upgraded which is not scheduled for 3 years.   I cannot wait for the day !

Regular Contributor

• 

482 Messages

6 years ago

@Cydeweyz wrote:

Can the Pg buttons on the new remote be used for skip forward and back? If not, can the old X1 remote be used with this 4k box?

I got it to work but you have to program it in the new box as it's the box not the remote that controls that.

Regular Contributor

• 

482 Messages

6 years ago

@RickGr4 wrote:

I have had an XG1-A V4 for about a week now. I thought I should chime in with an early review.

The good:

1. I set the box to 2160/60 resolution and I have left it there. The picture quality is better than the XG1-A V3. There is less noise and artifacts. Color saturation is better. Graphics are sharper and clearer. Contrast is better. Even the guide looks better.
2. Netflix works great in 4K UHD and Dolby Digital + audio is available.
3. The sound quality is better. More open and spacious.
4. The XG1-A V4 is MUCH faster responding to the remote. I might replace all of my X1 boxes with the new box simply because of how much faster it is.

The bad:

1. The XG1-A V4 has issues with receiving IR remote commands. You have to point an IR remote directly at the box. I plan to take some time troubleshooting this issue but I haven't been able to get to it.

Good to know. I'm thinking of picking up an LG OLED at BestBuy today and was debating on whether or not to set the box to 2160p or let the tv handle it. It only has up to 1080p/60 listed now as the highest resolution but I guess once the 4k box is connected it'll change once it recognizes it.

Regular Contributor

• 

482 Messages

6 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:

@greatbuys4less wrote:
I just got this box and love it. But have one issue that i need help with. When i try to set it to the best picture quality (uhd) a message pops up that says that i must be plugged into hdcp 2.2. All my hdmi ports are 2.2 so not sure what i am doing wrong.

Did you get a message regarding HDCP? or HDMI ? You didn't answer about if you were running right to the tv or using AV equipment. I would check that before buying amy new HDMI cables

A pretty good recent article that explains HDCP 2.2

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2017/10/23/upgrading-to-4k-hdr-tv-what-you-need-in-addition-to-a-4k-television/#4e8d6832dbd0

But you can run it through a receiver if it' 4k passable right? I like to use my receiver as a switch and run 1 hdmi to the tv

Regular Contributor

• 

482 Messages

6 years ago

@JOEY44 wrote:
So the new people to comcast get the box but your loyal customers are treated like second class?

I got mine on 9/11/17 and I've been a customer for 20 yrs.

Contributor

• 

327 Messages

6 years ago

are you in the ann arbor area?  if you got a new style box - did you pick it up at the office? - any info is appreciated

Regular Contributor

• 

387 Messages

6 years ago

@ComcastJoeTru

@ComcastAndrew

Did you see my post about wanting help getting the new XG1v4 DVR box?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here