Thraex's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 11th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

XR15 Remote is missing the “Replay” button

I just got the new XR15 remote, after spending a few minutes looking over the remote and not finding the 15-second “Replay” button, I started just poking on and around it hoping that it was just relabeled. After not finding it, I looked up an FAQ online that said it was “removed on this remote due to customer feedback, as well as an effort to provide more functionality with fewer buttons.”

Regarding the effort to provide fewer buttons, they kept the lettered A, B, C, and D buttons that were on the XR11 remote (and never used) on the XR15 remote (which they will still never be used), there are four A, B, C, and D letter labeled buttons around the direction pad.

A - Instant access to Help settings. (Settings I rarely need to get to, and can get to easily through the Xfinity button on that rare occasion.)

B - Instant access to Accessibility Settings. (See button A. These are settings I’ll rarely, if ever, need to access, and that can be easily accessed through the Xfinity button and Settings)

C - Launches Sports app and scores. (A button I will never use.)

D - Deletes a single DVR recording or multiple recording in a folder. (Another button I'll never use. Deleting can easily be done and should be done within the recordings list and interface, it doesn’t need a dedicated button)

So, in an effort to provide fewer buttons and more functionality, we have four dedicated, non-customizable buttons on the remote that will rarely, if ever, be used.

As for the one button that was used the most on the XR11 remote? The 15-second rewind-Replay button? It’s gone. Jeez.

I’m guessing that the customer feedback was a survey that asked if people used the replay button, to which people not knowing what it was said “No.”, and the people that do know what it is said, “Yes, all the time, in every show I watch!”. Apparently, the ignorant people who didn't know what the button was for won out over the people who actually use the button.

Here are my three most used functions that could actually benefit from a one-click shortcut button. “Replay”, “Recording List”, “Closed-Captioning On/Off”, but instead, these functions needed and still need multiple button presses to get to, and now the Replay function is nonexistent.

If these A, B, C, D buttons were customizable, and I could program them to my most used functions, things would be better, but dedicating them to rarely, if ever used functions, and removing the most used button on the new XR15 remote, makes the entire remote worthless. I’m going back to the XR11 remote.

Xfinity, if you’re listening, make those A, B, C, D buttons programmable in the settings, otherwise, this XR15 remote is useless.

If anyone knows of a secret or hidden trick to do a 15-second replay with the XR15 remote, please let me know.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

“Exit Exit Exit” does nothing in my remote. Absolutely nothing. I tried doing it very quickly and every which way. Is there another way to get it to 30 seconds? Mine is 5 minutes and it’s a brand new remote given to me today. Thanks

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Anon194601 wrote:
“Exit Exit Exit” does nothing in my remote. Absolutely nothing. I tried doing it very quickly and every which way. Is there another way to get it to 30 seconds? Mine is 5 minutes and it’s a brand new remote given to me today. Thanks

the 'setting' is to the set top box not the remote. while watching live TV press exit exit exit 0030

it will bring up a menu just hit exit. now the page forward will be 30 seconds the page back will be 15 seconds.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

thanks - for the 3 x exit 0030 - it works

but WHO the HECK designed this remote and the 2 millimeter buttons on this remote ?

the center ENTER button is ridiculously tiny - I need to use my thumbnail to press - pretty sure it will not last long

but thanks for the code 🙂

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Cwatson1282 wrote:
You're right, but it was still faster to hit the instant replay button.

would you like a 15 second flashback button (page down) and 30 second flash forward with xr11/xr15 remote? if so while watching live TV with no menu on the screen press quickly in order exit exit exit 0 0 3 0  ---> you will see a 'menu' start a search but hit exit button to remove. this programs the set top box 'not' the remote itself. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

You're right, but it was still faster to hit the instant replay button.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m so excited!!!!! It works!!! It works!!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Awesome. Works just like you said. Is there a way to set forward at 3 min and back .05 secs?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@RkXfintyUsr wrote:
Awesome. Works just like you said. Is there a way to set forward at 3 min and back .05 secs?

no just the 2 options. BTW you are actually programming the set top box, not the remote.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

What screen should the tv be on when I try this? It didn’t work for me.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Clyde13 wrote:
What screen should the tv be on when I try this? It didn’t work for me.

you should be on live TV with no menu showing. when you finish doing the code you will be on a menu but just hit exit. then try page up/page down (30 seconds forward, 15 seconds backward.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

It works!

😁Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Agree, the XR11 is vastly superior to the new XR15 remote.  I'll never understand why companies make dumb decisions and break what's working perfectly fine.  

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Kavanyo wrote:

Agree, the XR11 is vastly superior to the new XR15 remote.  I'll never understand why companies make dumb decisions and break what's working perfectly fine.  

are you using an xr15 and want to activate the set top box feature of rewind 15 seconds/FF 30 seconds?

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Pressing the exit button three times and then typing in 0030 will restore the 15 second rewind function, but apparently only for pre-recorded programs. It will not work to rewind live TV, it appears. Does anyone have a way to program a single button 15 secondRewind for live TV?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@tehannah wrote:
Pressing the exit button three times and then typing in 0030 will restore the 15 second rewind function, but apparently only for pre-recorded programs. It will not work to rewind live TV, it appears. Does anyone have a way to program a single button 15 secondRewind for live TV?

that code is not programming the remote it changes the setting in that particular set top box. the down (back 15 seconds) and up (forward 30 seconds) works on both recordings and live TV (forward for live is only possible if you are back in the area you can rewind live TV). 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here