Thraex's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 11th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

XR15 Remote is missing the “Replay” button

I just got the new XR15 remote, after spending a few minutes looking over the remote and not finding the 15-second “Replay” button, I started just poking on and around it hoping that it was just relabeled. After not finding it, I looked up an FAQ online that said it was “removed on this remote due to customer feedback, as well as an effort to provide more functionality with fewer buttons.”

Regarding the effort to provide fewer buttons, they kept the lettered A, B, C, and D buttons that were on the XR11 remote (and never used) on the XR15 remote (which they will still never be used), there are four A, B, C, and D letter labeled buttons around the direction pad.

A - Instant access to Help settings. (Settings I rarely need to get to, and can get to easily through the Xfinity button on that rare occasion.)

B - Instant access to Accessibility Settings. (See button A. These are settings I’ll rarely, if ever, need to access, and that can be easily accessed through the Xfinity button and Settings)

C - Launches Sports app and scores. (A button I will never use.)

D - Deletes a single DVR recording or multiple recording in a folder. (Another button I'll never use. Deleting can easily be done and should be done within the recordings list and interface, it doesn’t need a dedicated button)

So, in an effort to provide fewer buttons and more functionality, we have four dedicated, non-customizable buttons on the remote that will rarely, if ever, be used.

As for the one button that was used the most on the XR11 remote? The 15-second rewind-Replay button? It’s gone. Jeez.

I’m guessing that the customer feedback was a survey that asked if people used the replay button, to which people not knowing what it was said “No.”, and the people that do know what it is said, “Yes, all the time, in every show I watch!”. Apparently, the ignorant people who didn't know what the button was for won out over the people who actually use the button.

Here are my three most used functions that could actually benefit from a one-click shortcut button. “Replay”, “Recording List”, “Closed-Captioning On/Off”, but instead, these functions needed and still need multiple button presses to get to, and now the Replay function is nonexistent.

If these A, B, C, D buttons were customizable, and I could program them to my most used functions, things would be better, but dedicating them to rarely, if ever used functions, and removing the most used button on the new XR15 remote, makes the entire remote worthless. I’m going back to the XR11 remote.

Xfinity, if you’re listening, make those A, B, C, D buttons programmable in the settings, otherwise, this XR15 remote is useless.

If anyone knows of a secret or hidden trick to do a 15-second replay with the XR15 remote, please let me know.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I cant figure out how to 👍🏽 this post, but EVERYTHING u said is COMPLETELY ACCURATE!! Now i know Im not alone! Bring bk the Replay button XFINITY and add the shortcuts aforementioned!!🤬🤬🤬

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Cwatson1282, thanks for your feedback! I'll forward this to my leadership!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Great post. I would like to see these "surveys" and data that was gathered to produce the decisions behind what was actually cost-reducing the new remote. I also never use A B C D buttons, although they may be helpful at times but no where as much as Replay. Yes, if those were programable would be a a great feature add, but of course will add cost. mr2000

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Agree completely!! I’m going to dump this remote soon if I can get the old one to work! That was the most important button next to power!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Yes, I have done the exit exit exit 0030. My remote page down now goes back about half a second. I must hit page down several times to go back. Page up now goes forward half a second at a time also. I guess I will be content with that, but I do wish the A, B, C buttons could be reassigned. I always use D, but I could do without the A, B, C. Thanks for this forum.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@djdjowell wrote:

Yes, I have done the exit exit exit 0030. My remote page down now goes back about half a second. I must hit page down several times to go back. Page up now goes forward half a second at a time also. I guess I will be content with that, but I do wish the A, B, C buttons could be reassigned. I always use D, but I could do without the A, B, C. Thanks for this forum.

on your device use voice remote 'about' what is the rest of the line after STB Version?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Ridiculous that they removed the replay button. Reprogrammed the page down for 15 sec, worked, but why should I lose the 5 min back functionality that I like? I just ordered two new XR11 remotes from Amazon. Pretty cheap, too. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Eodorka
The XR11’s are free at your local service center

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

On the XR15 can you do “exit exit exit 0045 or 0060” for a longer flashback/flash forward?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@hchmail
No it’s 0030 or 0500 only

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I completely agree with the original post. The Replay button is the single button I use the most when watching anything I've recorded. Using voice control to skip back is a horrible alternative, too, especially when you do that very frequently, e.g. to watch an instant replay of something in a sporting event, or if you didn't catch a piece of critical dialogue in a show, etc. People suggesting that have completely missed the point IMO. Inputting the code(s) to change how your Page Up/Down buttons works is at least an option I guess. But like one other person said, why should they do that and lose the default 5-minute skip they also like? Plus, whenever I've tried to set that on the various regular and DVR boxes I've had over the past several years, the setting never seems to stick for long if at all.  It's almost like it resets that option whenever the box updates itself or something.

I just got my first XR15 with a replacement DVR box, and it's going back with the bad box. The XR15 also seems to be missing the separate TV Power button, which DOES come in handy if one of your devices didn't take the All-Power-On button press, and there are a couple of other minor changes I'm not fond of.  So I'm keeping my XR11's.  But that's par for the course. Comcast is all about appearing to progress while actually going backwards. I wouldn't be surprised if Comcast got so many suggestions for improving and adding to the functionality of the Replay / skip back feature that they actually killed the button just to stop people asking about it.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@SeethingSage wrote:

I completely agree with the original post. The Replay button is the single button I use the most when watching anything I've recorded. Using voice control to skip back is a horrible alternative, too, especially when you do that very frequently, e.g. to watch an instant replay of something in a sporting event, or if you didn't catch a piece of critical dialogue in a show, etc. People suggesting that have completely missed the point IMO. Inputting the code(s) to change how your Page Up/Down buttons works is at least an option I guess. But like one other person said, why should they do that and lose the default 5-minute skip they also like? Plus, whenever I've tried to set that on the various regular and DVR boxes I've had over the past several years, the setting never seems to stick for long if at all.  It's almost like it resets that option whenever the box updates itself or something.

I just got my first XR15 with a replacement DVR box, and it's going back with the bad box. The XR15 also seems to be missing the separate TV Power button, which DOES come in handy if one of your devices didn't take the All-Power-On button press, and there are a couple of other minor changes I'm not fond of.  So I'm keeping my XR11's.  But that's par for the course. Comcast is all about appearing to progress while actually going backwards. I wouldn't be surprised if Comcast got so many suggestions for improving and adding to the functionality of the Replay / skip back feature that they actually killed the button just to stop people asking about it.

you can return just the set top box and brick. keep the new and old remote. the xr15: do exit exit exit 0030. after done the set top box will use the page down as 'back 15 seconds, and page up as forward 30 seconds.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

The author of the post hit all the points! I recently traded in my older set-top boxes for the latest and I was surprised that I didn't see a replay button. The trick mentioned several times earlier worked and it's just something I'll have to remember.

As for the A, B, C, D buttons, I only consistently used D to delete a recording, and I never ever used A, B, and C. The ability to remap them makes total sense. Enabling CC is something I do frequently and that's a feature I'd love to map to one of the letters instead of doing down, left, left, OK each time.

I really hope this gets implemented, however I'm not getting my hopes up.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@user736258 wrote:
The author of the post hit all the points! I recently traded in my older set-top boxes for the latest and I was surprised that I didn't see a replay button. The trick mentioned several times earlier worked and it's just something I'll have to remember.

As for the A, B, C, D buttons, I only consistently used D to delete a recording, and I never ever used A, B, and C. The ability to remap them makes total sense. Enabling CC is something I do frequently and that's a feature I'd love to map to one of the letters instead of doing down, left, left, OK each time.

I really hope this gets implemented, however I'm not getting my hopes up.

fast CC on off even while in menu system is to use voice 'captions' (will toggle )

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I will try to remember that when I use the Comcast remote. I mainly use a Logitech Harmony 700 universal remote. In fact, the replay button on my remote still works with the Comcast set-top box - so that's a plus.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here